Author Topic: Bug in Gorsky Core City Questline  (Read 1979 times)

crossfirex

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Bug in Gorsky Core City Questline
« on: December 24, 2017, 06:51:48 pm »
So in the questline to help Gorsky get a shipment of shield generators in core city, instead of taking the disguise I just went in guns blazing and murdered the entire place at the docks, and grabbed the shield generator package, unfortunately it now registers as me not having  complete the quest and even after taking the guys ID badge from the tavern/bar place upstairs rooms, I can't complete the quest.

I also found another bug in foundry with the murder my husband/wife questline, where if you turn one in, the other will still try and give you a quest to kill the other.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:09:50 pm by crossfirex »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Bug in Gorsky Core City Questline
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 10:20:57 am »
Do you have a save with the Gorsky's quest bug? Disguise is optional and the quest should work even if you butcher the whole place. As for the Foundry bug, fixed that one for the next patch.

crossfirex

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 05:26:38 pm »
I restarted with imported character and saved over it :L

However I can describe in good detail. I went to Gorsky, got the quest, went to the dock master guy and intimidated him to let me through. After that I went through the ventilation shafts to sneak in.
Got through the ventilation shafts, into the compound, and started killing everything. Finished killing them all, went in to loot the N16 and shield package. Go to Gorsky and his friends, and all I can do is ask about the shield package and how to get in.

Also I should probably mention this is using the new experimental version.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 05:29:44 pm by crossfirex »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 09:22:45 am »
People have had issues with turning in this quest in the past, but to my recollection usually it's them not navigating the dialog tree properly (which I might reorganize a bit after the expansion gets released), so I'll go through the process just in case:

The option to turn in the shield emitter package should be under "Let's talk about Core City."-> "About those energy shields..." lines (the second of which appears after you've received the quest). Gorsky will then ask "What's on your mind?" and there you should be able to hand him the package if you possess the item ("Got them right here..."); having the item in your inventory is the only condition for that line, and whatever means you used to acquire the shields are irrelevant when it comes to turning in the quest. Therefore, if the line isn't there and you have item, then it's a bug. I've tried it yesterday and it worked properly. ::shrugs::

That's all I can say. Give it another shot once you reach CC again. :)

crossfirex

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 01:40:56 am »
Yeah I know how it usually goes this is like my 10th time playing through. The reason I posted this is I've never had a problem before the experimental.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 11:09:43 am »
I don't recall any changes being done to this quest since the last update other the difficulty stuff, and those changes shouldn't affect much with regards to turning in the quest; but then again, who knows? Maybe it's something awfully specific and hard to reproduce. I'll be leaving this one be until some new info turns up.

It's one of them cursed quests, I tells ya!