Author Topic: Firing off a shot  (Read 1508 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Firing off a shot
« on: December 21, 2017, 01:04:03 am »
The ability to just fire a gun at nothing in particular, to make noise to draw enemies without wasting a grenade.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: Firing off a shot
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 10:38:12 pm »
+1 for this. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to waste a grenade just to move some NPCs out of the way or to get some enemies' attention. Even if you just made it so we could target the floor tiles like we do for AoE attacks, that would work fine.

crossfirex

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 01:43:41 am »
Yeah especially for trap use.

STEN

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:56:33 am »
+1 to this

Benjibibi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 08:50:13 am »
Cooked shot can do that and it's another reason why it's a great addition !  :)

But i totally agree that in such an "ambush-focused" game, you don't have more luring possibility.

firing a gun in the air is cool, what about a device, like tnt charge, you plant it and it only a loud noise at the end of the timer (we can use regular tnt charge for that but then, price, weigth and availability needs tweaking)

Another variation of this idea would be to add an optional slot on the tnt charge blueprint, making it do a loud noise 5 sec before exploding, attracting enemy and then exploding in their faces.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:19:00 am »
My guess for why this hasn't been added is that you can buy cheap MK1 grenades from almost every trader, using those isn't a waste past the very early game.

I think the bigger issue is triggering a cooldown on all your grenades or on abilities by making a noise with them, which could carry into the fight, and maybe that's considered good balance so manipulating the AI costs something.