Author Topic: [1.0.3.18] Already explored areas not visible on the Map  (Read 804 times)

n21lv

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[1.0.3.18] Already explored areas not visible on the Map
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:26 am »
When you just install the patch, the Global Map feature becomes available, but it doesn't seem to sync with the areas you have already explored. I had to re-traverse a lot of the areas I have already cleared in order to force them being visible on the map. Is this supposed to be so?

I can understand why this was done this way -- probably geographic inconsistensies and the addition of new areas made it difficult to trace already explored areas while retaining the continuity of the map. E.g. if you explored a chain of areas and a new area was added somewhere in between those, it would look weird on the Map.

Suggestion:
Would it be possible to run a recursive map tracer after first installation of the patch (like, check if map_trace file is present and if not, launch the tracer) so it would do the following:
1. Start at the SGS area and check every its transition -- does that lead to an explored (an area having at least one transition leading to it used) non-mapped area?
2. If it finds a connected explored non-mapped area, mark it as mapped and add it to the map.
3. Call the trace function from the newly mapped area.
4. It current area has no used transitions leading to explored non-mapped areas, stop.