Author Topic: How does encumbrance and armor requirements work?  (Read 7182 times)

Aivaras

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
How does encumbrance and armor requirements work?
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:22:00 pm »
Hey,
My first character had low strength (4), later I made metal armor (vest + 4 metal parts, encumbrance 95%) that required strength of 9, yet I could wear it, but had my action points reduced. So I thought I make another character that could use it better. Next char had 9 strength yet armor still had encumbrance of 95%.
So the question would be why add min strength required if it changes nothing? Or is it still not implemented? Or am I missing something?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: How does encumbrance and armor requirements work?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:27:51 pm »
Wearing armor without meeting its strength requirement will reduce your action points.

Encumbrance (which is not influenced by your stats) will reduce your movement points, dodge, evasion and stealth by the specified amount (but will not reduce your action points).

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 02:52:26 pm »
You may reduce your encumbrance by 15% with the Nimble feat.

Right now i am playing a sledgehammer guy in metal armor and it is very much worth it.
Just dont forget to pump some Con up since you wont be able to dodge/evade hits much.
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

Aivaras

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 05:53:05 pm »
I think encumbrance is capped at 95%, so if you go metal helmet, metal armor, metal boots (all extra slots when crafting fitted with metal if allowed) that 15% wont help much, you will still be at 95%.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 05:56:35 pm »
Keep in mind that metal armor encumbrance depends on the type of metal used (tungsten steel is heavier than regular steel). There aren't any lighter metals in the game at the moment, but there will be in the future.

Also, I'm planning to introduce a medium encumbrance armor soon-ish(tm).

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »
I think encumbrance is capped at 95%, so if you go metal helmet, metal armor, metal boots (all extra slots when crafting fitted with metal if allowed) that 15% wont help much, you will still be at 95%.

I didn't knew that, thanks for the info. Right know i don't wear boots nor a helmet for extra movement, but i might try it doing another version of this char ditching the nimble feat and see how it feels.
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."