Author Topic: [1.3.0.18] Minor bugs with Grover and Cliff  (Read 2174 times)

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
[1.3.0.18] Minor bugs with Grover and Cliff
« on: December 17, 2017, 03:10:34 am »
Bug 1:

Once Grover tells you about Treasa and brings her into the back alley, you have the option of going up and initiating dialogue with the pair before attacking. However, if you don't want to deal with the initiative roll, an easier way is to just kill Treasa and take the Plasma Core without starting up the dialogue.

Unfortunately, this appears to bug out the game in the current patch, such that after you leave the alley with the core, Grover spawns back in his house, his health is refilled, and he has the exact same dialogue as he did before. You can even intimidate him again, at which point he'll mention Treasa again, and disappear back into the alley. Since Treasa is already dead, Grover won't actually spawn in the alley if you go over to check, and will instead spawn back in his house after the transition, at which point you can do the dialogue over again with the same result.

Ultimately, this is a minor bug, because you can still turn in the quest as usual, with no other noticeable effects. Treasa remains dead, but Grover remains unfriendly, and the quest is not marked off in the quest-log as completed. You can still proceed with the Black Eels quest-line.

Bug 2:

Normally, if you go down into the burrower den outside Junkyard to save Jenny without healing Cliff using the Doctor feat, he will be dead by the time you leave with Jenny. However, when I saved Jenny on the current patch, Cliff was not dead after the automatic dialogue transition. Cliff and Jenny than argued for a while about Cliff leaving her down there, as they usually do if you save Cliff, but since I hadn't actually healed him, his health was still ticking down from the bleed wound. What this meant was that Jenny got to watch her boyfriend slowly bleed to death for three minutes. But you still get the XP (and you can loot him!), so the difference is really only an emotional one. Poor Jenny...

This is a minor bug for sure, but still a bug nonetheless. I managed to get a screenshot, too, in case you're interested: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1233992715

Oh, I should also mention that both of these bugs were encountered on Dominating difficulty.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:08:48 pm by Altos »

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: [1.3.0.18] Minors bugs with Grover and Cliff
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 05:22:49 am »
The Cliff thing is maybe not a bug, at least it was the case before this version:
I stealthed into the infested compound without ever talking to Cliff, to see what happened. When Jenny and I returned outside, Cliff was there of course as we had never started talking. He has a timed bleed that cant be stopped so bye-bye Cliff.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 10:33:40 am »
Okay, so after you're done in the back alley Grover's quest will be marked as completed and he'll default to the "It's my favorite extorter..." line once he's back to his house. I think that should cover it, but if you could give it another try after the patch (if you have the save before the event) I'd appreciate it.

As for Cliff, I've made it so he won't start bleeding after you cure Jenny. That'd be a tad too easy way out of his new predicament. :D

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:02:30 pm »
As for Cliff, I've made it so he won't start bleeding after you cure Jenny. That'd be a tad too easy way out of his new predicament. :D
Poor guy!

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [1.3.0.18] Minor bugs with Grover and Cliff
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »
I can confirm that the bug with the Grover/Treasa showdown has been fixed as of 1.3.0.19. :)

Regarding Cliff, since his bleed wound disappears when you save Jenny, it looks like you no longer need the Doctor feat in order to save him; you just need to enter the burrower den and save Jenny before he dies from his wounds. I guess the power of love saves him?

Hmm... maybe the issue with Cliff wasn't really a bug after all? ???

Well, whatever. It's a happy ending, so I'm okay with it. ;)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 12:58:18 am »
I guess the power of love saves him?

Maybe she is a doctor?  ::)

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 06:16:42 am »
I guess the power of love saves him?

Maybe she is a doctor?  ::)

Or a love doctor? :P

♪Doctor, doctor, give me the news. I've got a bad case of lovin' you!♫

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 09:44:58 am »
Better love story than Beck and Sarine. :D But in all seriousness, it is love.

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
[1.3.0.20] Minor bug with Grover still not fixed.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 03:02:44 am »
Update on the bug about the Grover / Treasa showdown quest being left incomplete in the Notes tab:

Well, damn. I thought that was fixed with the release of 1.3.0.19, but apparently I didn't do my QA testing well enough. Sorry, gang.
See http://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/1/1621724915796437785/ for details.

As I outline in my post to that thread, the crux of the bug lies with Grover's dialogue after Treasa's death.

If option 1 ("We're done.") is selected, the quest is marked as complete and everything proceeds normally. Grover gives his "favorite extortioner" line and all is good. The problem of his dialogue restarting from the beginning is not present. It's all fixed.

If option 2 ("No, not quite. ...") is selected or Grover is killed without any dialogue being initiated, then the quest is left incomplete in the Notes tab. Grover is obviously dead, so nothing more serious than that happens, thankfully.

Also, if you kill Treasa, take the core, and then just walk away without talking to Grover, the quest is left incomplete. So, really, the only way to "complete" the quest is to talk to Grover after killing Treasa and select option 1 (assuming that you don't spare them both or whatever).

Hopefully this time the bug can finally be fixed so I don't have to resurrect this thread for the third time. xD

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 11:04:38 am »
The quest now gets completed as soon as you arrive to the meeting place, so no matter what you decide to do afterwards your notes will get updated. Hopefully that'll put this bug to rest. :)