Author Topic: Level squatting ate my level  (Read 2056 times)

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Level squatting ate my level
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:27:35 pm »
I did some level squatting and I'm able to raise 2 lvl at once - lvl 18 and 19. But when i travel to another area i can only raise 1 level - from 18 to 19.
Feat and skillpoints from lvl 18 are gone!

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymnw8cl0fnd9atj/2LvlsAtOnce.zip?dl=0

There's no need to even leave the area, just cancelling lvl up will do.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:42:47 pm by hilf »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Level squatting ate my level
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:58:02 am »
I'm not sure what is going on here. I do not lose the level, skill points or feats when transitioning or canceling a level up, except that I lose 40 extra skill points from the first level up that should not be there at all. That is, the character has extra 40 unspent skillpoints before starting the first level up for some reason. How did this happen? Could it be that this has something to do with the cheating? I see that you have some manner of circumventing the encumbrance.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:32:01 pm »
I'll give some more details.

My character starts at lvl 17. Save file says it's 18 but it's 17 - i only have 10 feats. Now i can do 2 things:
1) Open lvl up screen, proceed with lvling up once. I end up at lvl 19 with 186 HP, 11 feats and 80 invested SPs more than i had at lvl 17. Seems correct, except i jumped 2 lvl at once.
2) Qpen lvl up screen, cancel lvling up, open again, proceed with lvling up once. I'm at lvl 19, 186 HP, 10 feats and 40 SPs more than i had at the beginning.

Yes i do cheat. Speedhack and no weight hack. I started using no weight just recently so if it's because of cheating it has to be this.

I managed to get out of this situation. I'm posting it also to warn other players because it can be very unpleasant.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:05:42 am »
Your character is most definitely level 18. What seems to have happened to you is that you somehow exited leveling up on your previous level without spending skill or feat points. I don't know how you did that. If you could somehow reproduce that, that would be useful.

Also, with the current experience you can level up to level 20. In any case, you should not lose any skill or feat points as long as you level up from that save without canceling.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »
If you could somehow reproduce that, that would be useful.

I did!
1) press ESC to open menu
2) press S
3) press ESC to close menu
4) despair

For each S pressed game skips one levelup (lvl goes up but character customization is lost). Level squatting does not matter. I reproduced it on my old save too, although it is also tainted with speedhack.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 10:28:28 am »
Styg not here today. He sacrifice mammoth to his Godmen. He come back tomorrow with fire and fix problem so that player-people happy.

Rock is big. Big is rock.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 09:23:12 am »
If you could somehow reproduce that, that would be useful.

I did!
1) press ESC to open menu
2) press S
3) press ESC to close menu
4) despair

For each S pressed game skips one levelup (lvl goes up but character customization is lost). Level squatting does not matter. I reproduced it on my old save too, although it is also tainted with speedhack.

Thanks. Fixed for the next hotfix.