Author Topic: [1.3.0.18] Arena initiative and pre-battle save  (Read 1348 times)

Benjibibi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[1.3.0.18] Arena initiative and pre-battle save
« on: December 15, 2017, 02:25:27 pm »
Hi,

The save made at the start of an arena fight gives you the -10 initiative like you're caught off guard when you load it. Does not apply for the regular start of the fight.

Also loading this save used to give you a split second before battle where you could hit "v" to activate your shield before start of the fight, it was very useful since otherwise you either don't start with your shield or you start with an almost depleted shield because you have to activate it before saying "I want to fight"...
Please put back this split second delay or stop the shield from being drained during the pre-fight "movie".

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:05:18 pm by Benjibibi »

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: [1.3.0.18] Arena initiative and pre-battle save
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 03:31:53 pm »
Also loading this save used to give you a split second before battle where you could hit "v" to activate your shield before start of the fight
It's possible this was removed because it also gave the player the option to start combat manually and bypass the initiative roll. At least that used to be the case, never cheated this way myself.

stop the shield from being drained during the pre-fight "movie"
I think this would be the best solution. That said the cutscenes are usually not long enough to drain the shield significantly, maybe except the Carnifex custcene but it that fight a full shield doesn't make any difference.

Benjibibi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 04:04:15 pm »

It's possible this was removed because it also gave the player the option to start combat manually and bypass the initiative roll. At least that used to be the case, never cheated this way myself.

After a load you have like a 3 second delay before being able to start combat so that's not a problem.
I guess it's not a big deal but when you don't play a crafter with crazy powerful shield, losing 20 or 30% of your shield before battle is frustrating and can be dangerous.

Anyway, that was just a suggestion, the initiative penalty is a bug however.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 06:02:01 pm »
I noticed the initiative thing yesterday trying to reload about 2 dozen times . . .

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:06:36 am »
Anyway, that was just a suggestion, the initiative penalty is a bug however.

Fixed for the next hotfix.