Author Topic: Post your experiences with the new Dominating difficulty!  (Read 63640 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Post your experiences with the new Dominating difficulty!
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2018, 11:35:22 pm »
You are right, but it's not "armor/evasion vs Con", it's "glass cannon power to kill fast vs no such power + Con".
If you don't put ability points in Con, you put them into something that help to eliminate the threat faster.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 11:42:38 am »
If you don't put ability points in Con, you put them into something that help to eliminate the threat faster.
That's true. It's all about finding the proper balance of defense and offense if you ask me. I don't think it's worth it to dump CON all the way to 3 on most builds.

Zepposlav

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2018, 02:36:05 pm »
Guys did you have any luck with pure PSI build? Are traps and greandes really mandatory for DOMINATING?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2018, 04:04:55 pm »
You mean pure PSI is a build that doesn't even touch traps and grenades in his life?
Or you mean it's a build who doesn't pick trap and grenades-related feats?

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2018, 04:31:20 pm »
Guys did you have any luck with pure PSI build? Are traps and greandes really mandatory for DOMINATING?
Currently playing with full psi build(20 lvl Core City, oddity), will create some topic later after I will clear DC and last boss. No grenades, caltrops, traps. 3/3/6/9/10/6. Recorded videos with almost all "trouble points" - Newton, Rathound King, Foundry Beast, Arena, mb something else.

Zepposlav

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2018, 06:26:45 pm »
Currently playing with full psi build(20 lvl Core City, oddity), will create some topic later after I will clear DC and last boss. No grenades, caltrops, traps. 3/3/6/9/10/6. Recorded videos with almost all "trouble points" - Newton, Rathound King, Foundry Beast, Arena, mb something else.

Interesting. 9 con for Survival Instincts? Or you meant perception?

You mean pure PSI is a build that doesn't even touch traps and grenades in his life?
Or you mean it's a build who doesn't pick trap and grenades-related feats?

No feats but I guess few skillpoints won't hurt that much.

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2018, 07:43:22 pm »
Interesting. 9 con for Survival Instincts? Or you meant perception?
Yeah, for Survival Instincts and Last Stand., It's 50-65% critical build. You don't need grenades/trap for full psi, It's self-sufficient.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2018, 09:27:33 pm »
Traps and grenades works fine without single skill point in it.
They need slight nerf. Molotov will solve all problems of early game.
I think you can eleminate all mutants in Deport A only by using traps and molotovs with 0 in Traps and grenades.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:36:55 pm by Fenix »

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2018, 10:32:04 pm »
They need slight nerf. Molotove will solve all problems of early game.
I think you can eleminate all mutants in Deport A only by using traps and molotovs with 0 in Traps and grenades.
can't disagree with that on traps, but grenades are kinda balanced because you'll miss a lot without any investment in the skill making it so you need to savescum hard if you plan to use them on that place full of muties in the junkyard

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2018, 10:41:43 pm »
No, no need for that. Molotovs deal not much damage when explode, biggesr part is standing in fire.
So you can threw it nearby without much harm, and if you have even the worst shield, you can throw it without fear.

Delta07

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2018, 08:06:38 am »
They need slight nerf. Molotove will solve all problems of early game.
can't disagree with that on traps, but grenades are kinda balanced because you'll miss a lot without any investment in the skill making it so you need to savescum hard if you plan to use them on that place full of muties in the junkyard
I'll say this, playing a dodge/evasion build on DOMINATING without a lot of CON practically requires either decent Throwing or savescumming when it comes to grenades. While fighting some Rathounds with a couple Alphas in the back, I lobbed a Frag Grenade and ended up flubbing the throw and if my CON was any lower while sporting a PSI build, I would have finally gotten Steam's You Throw Like A Girl achievement and been looking at yet another reload screen. When playing Classic on Dominating, simply clearing most of the map and doing the major missions/quests in each city as well as side areas can lead you to being level 23/24 as you step into Core City. Playing DOMINATING on Classic XP once the expansion hits and yeah, you'd hit level 25 and Veteran feats long before actively pursuing some of the later Core City quests/missions. In fact, I'd say that you could easily hit the level cap post-expansion by doing so before stepping into the Institute, especially if you choose to support the Protectorate/Free Drones.

Mariner666

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2018, 07:30:05 pm »
Actually boring Domination.
It was slighly harder to win Arena and some moment as turning into ashes Fort Apogee...

Still not faced Tchort, but *yawn* ... ah, neverming.
And I really, REALLY want to see in nearest update Veteran levels... PLEASE, STYG, I BEG YOU! DO THIS!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:06:19 am by Mariner666 »

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2018, 06:43:28 am »
Do you mind sharing your general build?

Lvl 15, S8(9)/D3/A3/C7/P13/W3/I6
Maxed Guns/Throw/Hack/Lock/Mech/Elec
Mixed Chem/Bio/Tail
I could have put points into stealth or persuasion without much loss here

Conditioning, Aimed Shot, Expertise, Opportunist, Quick Pockets, Juggernaut, Full Auto, Commando, Concentrated Fire

Rapid Muzzled Hornets 7.62/8.6/9mm
Smart Anatomical Bipod Corsair 12.7
Smart Goggles (used adaptive for a long time at first)
Efficient High x2 Shield, working on Efficient Low x2 for meleers
Boots are double plate + dense foam

Stealth Gear:  Muzzled Silenced Jackrabbit 5mm, ninja tabis, hopper soft black leather, black balaclava, cloak device

Utilities are absolutely essential; get tactical with them, and carry at least 15 bear traps anytime you go out

I finally finished dominating with a heavy gunner build utilizing the tips you provided. I traded throwing for stealth, allowing me to avoid certain fights in DC.

Unfortunately I couldn't manage to beat the game without some significant save-scumming at certain points. :( Huge props to anyone able to.

Thank you for posting your build!
PS: DC is a living nightmare, I'm not sure how anyone could do it without tons of save-scumming. Stockpiled traps like a madman, by the end I had practically nothing left in my inventory to utilize.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2018, 07:28:39 am »
Unfortunately I couldn't manage to beat the game without some significant save-scumming at certain points.

Can i ask how many reloads did you have to do in the final fight? To get some perspective)

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2018, 08:20:27 am »
Unfortunately I couldn't manage to beat the game without some significant save-scumming at certain points.

Can i ask how many reloads did you have to do in the final fight? To get some perspective)

The final fight (If you mean the boss fight) wasn't too bad. It was the rest of DC that required a large amount of save-scumming, I don't have an accurate estimate of reloads. But it was an EMBARRASSING amount of save scumming. ;(

I'm going to try a chem-pistol build next, I think it will be much more viable.