Author Topic: Post your experiences with the new Dominating difficulty!  (Read 64088 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Post your experiences with the new Dominating difficulty!
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 01:48:25 am »
So how do I get this new material exactly?  If I go to my library in steam and right click "underrail", there is no "beta" tab.
*eurobeat intensifies*

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 02:30:34 am »
So how do I get this new material exactly?  If I go to my library in steam and right click "underrail", there is no "beta" tab.

Library -> right click on Underrail -> Properties -> BETAS tab

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 02:33:42 am »

This is my only option.
*eurobeat intensifies*

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 02:50:25 am »
@harperfan7 - what do you see when you click on the down triangle to the right of "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 02:52:22 am »
It does nothing.  It's as if there is no arrow there.
*eurobeat intensifies*

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 03:03:08 am »
That's weird - this is what I see on mine:
https://i.imgur.com/XaD2hIG.png

Are you running the latest version of Steam? I'm asking because I don't have DLC tab on mine.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 03:56:50 am »
That was it, thank you.
*eurobeat intensifies*

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2017, 03:59:04 am »
What's the deal with campfires?
*eurobeat intensifies*

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2017, 11:30:06 pm »
Spoiler alert! Do not read if you never made it past the elevator fight.

Guys I need a confirmation here: Does creeping dread/Eye of Tchort debuff seems to stack faster on dominating difficulty for you?

This is either my memory playing trick on me or the debuff stack speed was increased in this patch. I remember being able to explore a couple blocks before having to hide in a safe spot before. Right now I can barely walk one block before creeping dread turns into Eye of Tchort. Yes, I'm using Cheat Engine speed hack. Yes, I tested and re-tested this with and without Cheat Engine and it has nothing to do with the rate debuff stacks. I don't remember being this annoyed by this in my previous DC runs. This is not even hard or difficult, just pure annoyance - Tchortlings would constantly show up, kill them in 1 ~ 3 shots from my laser and their reinforcements would lock me into a 10 min mini battle which is neither difficult nor resource draining (you waste a couple of my batteries and stims, gold star for you Tchort).

Please take a look at the rate creeping dread/Eye of Tchort stacks and slow it down a bit. Thank you.

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2017, 11:51:36 pm »
Please take a look at the rate creeping dread/Eye of Tchort stacks and slow it down a bit. Thank you.
have you got the feat from Leo yet?

it reduces the rate creeping dread stacks.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2017, 11:52:37 pm »
Yes I have the feat from Leo.

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2017, 08:22:10 am »
Hi guys,

I'm loving this difficulty, it really makes replaying the game worthwhile.

Doing okay-ish so far with my little chemist build, just defeated the beast at lvl 15, using 25 bear traps, 10 frag mark IV and two gas grenade. The "cooked shot" ability with acid chemical pistol also proved very useful in this fight. In general it allows a lot of crowd control, very good new feat.

The win was anticlimatic though because i had an "error : zone transitition failed" after that. It worked after reloading though.

Balor himself wasn't really hard, but i had to dipose of his lads separately first.

More precisely my build at lvl 15 is :

S3/D10/A3/C4/P10/W3/I7

opportunist
pack rathound (feels mandatory considering how much bear traps and mines i'm using, and i don't use cheat engine)
aimed shot
quick tinkering (mandatory for my build)
grenadier (extremely useful for frags and incendiaries)
cooked shot (super good with the buff to chemical pistols)
mad chemist
execute
ambush (not sure it's a wise choice so far, but i like the idea, and it pairs well with incendiaries)

I'm hesitating a lot for the last 5 feats, i'm currently considering :

- three pointer, point shot, sharpshooter, critical power and fatal throw ;

or

- sharpshooter, critical power, high technicalities (with +1 int at lvl 16), pratical physicist and point shot or power management : so it'd be a hybrid chemical/laser pistol build, which seems fun considering that setting ennemies on fire with incendiary pistol can help triggering ambush.

I'm planning to pump dext to 14 (makes chemical ap 18 and laser pistol 10), then i don't know for the last two remaing points : perception, int with high technicalities, con or even agility all seem good options.

In any case i fear deep cavern will give me a hard time, i'll probably try to max stealth to avoid most fights...
I'm Potoldski on discord

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2017, 09:32:06 am »
opportunist
pack rathound (feels mandatory considering how much bear traps and mines i'm using, and i don't use cheat engine)
aimed shot
quick tinkering (mandatory for my build)
grenadier (extremely useful for frags and incendiaries)
cooked shot (super good with the buff to chemical pistols)
mad chemist
execute
ambush (not sure it's a wise choice so far, but i like the idea, and it pairs well with incendiaries)

I'm hesitating a lot for the last 5 feats, i'm currently considering :

- three pointer, point shot, sharpshooter, critical power and fatal throw ;

or

- sharpshooter, critical power, high technicalities (with +1 int at lvl 16), pratical physicist and point shot or power management : so it'd be a hybrid chemical/laser pistol build, which seems fun considering that setting ennemies on fire with incendiary pistol can help triggering ambush.
I was able to complete the game with hybrid chemical/energy pistol build. But my stats distribution was a bit different - 3/8/6/3/10/3/7.
My feat choices were:
The same: Aimed Shot(6 PER), Cooked Shot(5 DEX), Mad Chemist(7 INT), Quick Tinkering(7 DEX), Grenadier(6 DEX), Opportunist, Execute.
Sharpshooter(10 PER), Kneecap Shot(7 PER) - Considered this option too, but Execute won this battle =]

Paranoia <- good Initiative boost and Crawlers/Lunatic stealthed Psionics are bad.
Sure Step(5 AGI) - I know this is lol, but acid pistol was my primary weapon + helped a bit in Depot A
Sprint(6 AGI) <- Important for my fragile char and cornersniping and the main reason for 6 AGI.
Power Management(7 INT) <- Important for Energy Shield Emitter(my only layer of defence)
Practical Physicist(7 INT) - If you want to take Critical Power, you need this.
Critical Power - Killing Easy/Medium enemies with 1shot from Laser/Electroshock Pistol.
Three-Pointer(7 DEX) - with critical hit from Frag Grenade V can kill a pack of easy/medium enemies.

Skipped:
High-Technicalities(5 INT) <- I don' know, mb It's worth a shot... For my hybrid build with 7 INT It wasn't so important.
Ambush(6 PER) <- Too situational + I usually use Night Vision so I even can't see the illuminated/non-illuminated tiles.
Escape Artist(7 DEX) -  This is good, but sadly, I didn't had 30 dodge =(

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2017, 11:42:55 am »
Thanks for the good feedback Mindless, gratz for beating the game :) !

I considered paranoia but i usually start combat myself, and i mostly deal with crawlers using stealth, bear traps and molotovs, dont'know about stealth lunatic yet though...

I skipped sprint to spare me 6 agi, but it surely would have been great otherwise for my build.

I'm not so sure about practical physicist versus high technicalites. If i take 8 int (which is also good for a lot of bonus skill points), thats +24 % base damage, which seems betters than +25% critical damage bonus (62.5 with critical power) if you get more than  ~160 critical damage bonus (i didn't do the maths properly). Both would be even better of course :)

Also can i ask what was you final set of armor ?
I'm Potoldski on discord

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2017, 12:18:47 pm »
I'm not so sure about practical physicist versus high technicalites. If i take 8 int (which is also good for a lot of bonus skill points), thats +24 % base damage, which seems betters than +25% critical damage bonus (62.5 with critical power) if you get more than  ~160 critical damage bonus (i didn't do the maths properly). Both would be even better of course :)
But I had 7 INT and my primary attacks with energy weapon were "Aimed Shots" or buffed shots with Focus Stims and even with 8 INT 62.5% > 24% from my point of view, especially devastating with Electroshock pistol.
Mb I would shuffle Sure Step for It. But Sure Step was useful so I don't know =(
Also can i ask what was you final set of armor ?
I hadn't invested in tailoring(only 10 for grenades) so I had 2 sets of armor: Biohazard Suit+Boots(very useful in DC, obviously, even with such severe penalties) and... Rathound Regalia+Ninja Tabi Boots, cuz it's best "stealth" armor in my case(no tailoring, no Nimble feat), no guns/crossbows users in DC(which can oneshot you) and most enemies can be skipped; all available heavy armors(Metal/Riot) just lol for DC.

P.S. Also in DC I have found 160 quality Laser Emitter and mb it's static.