Underrail > General

Shattering without Cryogenic Induction possible???

(1/3) > >>

lewis_cb:
Hi,

I get I need Cryogenic Induction to shatter after Cryostasis.

But what about Cryoliquid pistols? Do they allow shattering without it? with it?
same condition of hitting for 50% HP or more to shatter?

TheAverageGortsby:
Proving a negative is always a futile effort, but I'm fairly sure you cannot shatter frozen targets except with the psi ability. I know that my sledgehammer build used all manner of traps, and could get huge crits on targets frozen by the cryo mines.  Never shattered a one.

Freeze is nevertheless probably my favorite debuff to inflict on enemies, since it's easy to have available (pistols, mines, psi) and doesn't provide an immunity period like fear and stun do.

reinhark:

--- Quote from: TheAverageGortsby on November 20, 2017, 02:54:17 am ---Proving a negative is always a futile effort, but I'm fairly sure you cannot shatter frozen targets except with the psi ability. I know that my sledgehammer build used all manner of traps, and could get huge crits on targets frozen by the cryo mines.  Never shattered a one.

Freeze is nevertheless probably my favorite debuff to inflict on enemies, since it's easy to have available (pistols, mines, psi) and doesn't provide an immunity period like fear and stun do.

--- End quote ---

I am pretty sure I shattered rathound few days ago. Test them multiple times on low health enemies with max level characters. (using xbow)

As for original question... I never used freezing pistol before. I will check later when I get the parts for it.

Bruno:
The shattering can be done by anything that deals >50% (mech/freeze damage) of remaining health it seems.

At least my cryo+sledge psi hammer guy got to shatter quite a few icicles with super slam. (He was too weak against enemy psi unfortunately)

But for shatter to work, you obviously need the feat. The interesting question is if, after you have cryogenic induction, shatter work with pistols/traps.

It would be fun to set a cryotrap, the break enemy like the Terminator with a sledge super slam.

lewis_cb:

--- Quote from: reinhark on November 20, 2017, 04:55:54 am ---
--- Quote from: TheAverageGortsby on November 20, 2017, 02:54:17 am ---Proving a negative is always a futile effort, but I'm fairly sure you cannot shatter frozen targets except with the psi ability. I know that my sledgehammer build used all manner of traps, and could get huge crits on targets frozen by the cryo mines.  Never shattered a one.

--- End quote ---

I am pretty sure I shattered rathound few days ago. Test them multiple times on low health enemies with max level characters. (using xbow)

As for original question... I never used freezing pistol before. I will check later when I get the parts for it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it would be amazing if the pistol enabled shattering. I was thinking a 17dex brawler with Heavy Punch, Combo, Force Emission & spiked pneumatic gloves could CC and shatter all day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version