Author Topic: Initiating dialogue with GSM Raider Leader crash the game  (Read 1357 times)

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Initiating dialogue with GSM Raider Leader crash the game
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:21:01 am »
As the title says.

I walk into the final room on GSM lvl 3 with the hostages and raiders.

Talk to the leader, who says something like "I dont know who this punk is who crash our party, waste him"

Only there is no wasting going on, because the dialogue window never ends, only the hourglass icon waiting, waiting, spinning....

Quite annoying having to redo much of GSM after the last autosave.

This is not the first time it happens either.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: Initiating dialogue with GSM Raider Leader crash the game
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 12:56:22 pm »
Did you kill the Old Man?

There was a bug in the previous version where killing the Old Man would cause the game to crash when trying to deal with the raiders. The devs patched it, though.

Also, are you playing on the current version (1.0.2.4)?

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 01:27:20 pm »
No, I simply did the "normal" thing, killed the two raiders with the old man, talked about the raiders, sneaked up to the turret, hacked it so the 3 raiders in the halls got shot, cleaned up the level, and went into the main hall to fight the leader and his two friends.
Current version of course.

Not the first time it has happened as I said, so there has to be some kind of bug that is not fixed after all.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 02:01:34 pm »
That happened to me, if you standing at the passage where hastages try to run, so you blocking their way.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
That happened to me, if you standing at the passage where hastages try to run, so you blocking their way.

I remember your post, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue then, and I can't seem to reproduce it now. It could be that its manifestation requires some specific chain of events, or it could be that the bug is a side effect of something completely unrelated to this encounter and has been fixed somewhere along the way.

I'll keep this on hold for now until we release the update or someone shares some new information.