Author Topic: Cannot start Train Heist Quest  (Read 797 times)

MultiFoxy

• Noob
    • View Profile
Cannot start Train Heist Quest
« on: October 30, 2017, 02:53:32 am »
Only one of my characters manage to start the Train Heist quest in Rail Crossing, right after saving Buzzer and removing the Faceless.

From what I have seen of other player's playthroughs, they were able to start the quest right after, regardless of the outcome of the quest as long as the Faceless are gone.

The rest of my other characters (5 others) could not, even though they did the same thing.

It appears that the character that could, was able to ask Herve about why he should be happier that the Faceless siege has been lifted.

The other characters could not. The dialogue option to do so does not appear.

Is there some hidden requirement here?

P.S. I tried to narrow down the problem through in-game means, but in the end, I did a hex check on the global.dat file.

If the developers could please answer, I would like to know about the requirements to trigger the npc_rc_herve_askPriceGear variable check. The character that manage to start the quest has this in the global.dat file - the rest did not. This is the variable that is introduced after Herve talks about the deal that he made with the Protectorate to preserve Rail Crossing's safety.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:58:07 am by MultiFoxy »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot start Train Heist Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 08:33:06 am »
The variable you posted does not trigger that dialog branch; in fact, it gets set during that very part of Herve's dialog if you ask a certain sub-question.

His entire dialog has some very complicated scripting and perhaps there's a bug that doesn't manifest so often. It's difficult to break it down here so how about you send me your save and I'll take a look at what flags have been set? Dropbox or Google Drive are fine, and you could also PM the save to me if you don't want to post it here.

MultiFoxy

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot start Train Heist Quest
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:02 am »
I have sent a shareable Google Drive link to you.