Author Topic: Arena nicknames  (Read 3700 times)

Crowley

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Arena nicknames
« on: October 18, 2017, 06:21:08 pm »
After reading on the wiki about the different nicknames you can earn at the Arena, I set my sights on the Crosshair/Angel of Death nickname. Thus, I brought my AFW rifle to the ring, put on my smart goggles and save scummed until I could bring down both Pulverizer and Bull's Eye in the first round with an aimed shot. But then... to my disappointment I just got Brutalizer/Brutalette. Sadness. That does fulfill the requirements since Pulverizer has 530 hp, but according to the wiki, the one-shot kill should override that. What am I doing wrong?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Arena nicknames
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:38:10 pm »
with an aimed shot.
There's your problem.

"Snipe down a full health enemy" means you have to use the Snipe ability. You also have to enter stealth without breaking the line of sight because that's the requirement for the Apparition nickname and it has a higher priority.

Crowley

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 06:59:14 pm »
Ah, thank you. This is trickier than I thought.

edit: By the way, I am curious, when the wiki says "Snipe down a full health enemy", does it literally mean any enemy in the Arena? Killing a burrower spawn with a single sniping attack doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:07:20 pm by Crowley »

Crowley

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 03:38:51 pm »
I did manage to get the desired result. Also, judging from your username you are a fellow Finnish person. Hello!

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:40:53 pm »
I feel like Crosshair should have higher priority than Apparition. It's not very intuitive to enter stealth to use Snipe without breaking the line of sight first.

Fufuneraire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 09:49:19 am »
I just came back from the wiki topic about Arena.

I'm so disappointed ! I thought the nickname was calculated with character's name, cause my Lina was named "Cripplina" :o

MY WORLD FALLS APAAAAART :v :v :v

[useless comm', just to talk]