Underrail > General

anti-Carnifex cheese

(1/7) > >>

Twiglard:
Hey,

I want to share my ultimate cheese against Carnifex.

1) craft a napalm grenade
2) get a flashbang

Now, the fight:

a) If you get initiative, drop the incendiary on Carnifex. It's great if he starts burning but it's not 100% necessary. Why? See below.

The AI starts glitching out and performs non-optimally. Carnifex will run all around the napalm taking around half of his HP.

If he starts burning, just burst him to death. You got a few turns, it's easy and enough.

For bonus cheese dosage, drop a flashbang he doesn't resist, then do a knee shot. It's over by then.

b) Carnifex starts, drop the incendiary at your feet

First off, you must survive the initial volley. You'll be netted for a few turns.

Drop the incendiary right at your feet. This depends on Carnifex burning. You must manage surviving the announcer after Carni dies, but the incendiary is still burning. This is actually pretty hard... Anti-heat gear will help obviously but it depends.

You may also drop a flashbang at your feet if Carni doesn't burn. YMMV.

You can also squeeze the incendiary at the right place so it affects him only. I haven't tried that.

If (a) and Carni starts burning, he's done for.

Vae Victis!

harperfan7:
Carnifex thread?

My crossbow sniper beat him by surviving his first turn, then moving a bit and throwing crawler caltrops at his feet.  Kept running from him until the poison kicked in (my character had a lot of move points), then snipe/aim shot. 

Twiglard:
How do you hit him reliably? My SMG dude had 40% hit chance even with goggles and the like. Even if he had +accuracy modules that'd make 55% tops at level 20-ish.

Fenix:
Tazer? Dude....

Sanger:
An SMG user doesn't really need to have a very high chance to hit as they put out so many rounds per turn, but yeah, just kill his evasion.

Oddly I've had a reasonably easy time killing him with a pistol user, as Gunslinger usually lets you init before him. If you win initiative he's generally just screwed. Also had a pretty easy time killing him with any metal armour wearer, as he typically deals single digit damage per attack against them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version