Author Topic: Minor tips and tricks for Underrail  (Read 9719 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Minor tips and tricks for Underrail
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 03:24:06 am »
They're useful, but unless my memory fails me, with 0 Traps skill they're very easy to spot. You need to make a wall of bear traps without any gaps to prevent the enemy from going around them, and while that works very well, it requires a lot of traps and their weight isn't exactly insignificant if you're playing a build that dumps strength completely.

Animals and robots often just run right into them.  Plus you don't need too many; chokepoints, caltrops, little extra running room between you and an enemy for a shot, etc. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 12:28:22 pm »
This is a hilarious idea and I love it. You could have Dude or Al Fabet act as junk traders (even more than the actual junk traders in Junkyard) that take in the most random crap ever for nonsense reasons. I can totally see Dude saying something like, "I need 40 sledgehammer handles and 56 flares, stat! The tiny aliens in my Mushroom Brew demand it, and they're not messing around!"

I know that the rags and bottles are useful as molotov components, so maybe the Free Drones could accept them?

I got in mind that Fallout 2 quest when barman in Vault City asks you to bring real alchohol.
And yeah, Dude seems to be a perfect candidate for it, just imagine - you can't sell 4-5 items in the game, and boom! you finally have found a weirdo that needs exactly that in large amounts, with no real money in return, just some funny fluffy dialogs. Or something like that. Or different.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 02:03:36 pm »
I think it's fine as is, but you never know what Styg does if he stumbles upon this horrible gamebreaking bug.

Nerf it to a mere "breaking" bug. :D