Author Topic: [Spoilers] I just managed to escape from . . .  (Read 2299 times)

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
[Spoilers] I just managed to escape from . . .
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:19:54 pm »
. . . Six in the West Wing. Take that """""godman""""" !

If someone else managed this, does it change his reaction in DC ?

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers] I just managed to escape from . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:54:44 pm »
So Six is hostile? Damn never thought of escaping to test this out. I'm very curious to know if this change his reaction in DC as well.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 09:37:14 pm »
So Six is hostile? Damn never thought of escaping to test this out. I'm very curious to know if this change his reaction in DC as well.

You can turn him hostile with enouth Will + Though Control (psi powa), which break his "fear aura" and it makes him mad.

But of course, he has combat stats off the chart : over 50 initiative in average and 4 (or 5 ?) attacks a round with rather high damage . . . only a combinaison of morphine, 250+ metathermics-fueled cryoshield, luck, and save scumming allowed me to flee.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:08:10 pm by Dieusama »

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 11:45:39 pm »
"""""godman"""""
Curses, the forum titles are already altering the truth! If you look at the source material, that is, the game itself - the singular form is a godmen. Like Azif said, it's not a word meant to be taken literally nor interpreted as a compound word. The weird irregular singular form reinforces this nicely, don't you think?

That's what I and PhrygianDominant thought, but Styg doesn't agree. :(

Don't worry, epeli. "Godmen" as the singular and plural forms fits in perfectly with the rest of the English language. ;)
E.g. one house, two houses; one mouse, two mice. One ox, two oxen; one box, two boxen (https://youtu.be/QWzYaZDK6Is?t=94).

On a serious note, I had always wondered what happens if you pass the skill check and get away. Anyone care to provide the additional dialogue in Deep Caverns?

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 10:23:57 pm »
"""""godman"""""
Curses, the forum titles are already altering the truth! If you look at the source material, that is, the game itself - the singular form is a godmen. Like Azif said, it's not a word meant to be taken literally nor interpreted as a compound word. The weird irregular singular form reinforces this nicely, don't you think?

That's what I and PhrygianDominant thought, but Styg doesn't agree. :(

Don't worry, epeli. "Godmen" as the singular and plural forms fits in perfectly with the rest of the English language. ;)
E.g. one house, two houses; one mouse, two mice. One ox, two oxen; one box, two boxen (https://youtu.be/QWzYaZDK6Is?t=94).

On a serious note, I had always wondered what happens if you pass the skill check and get away. Anyone care to provide the additional dialogue in Deep Caverns?

Six just tell you that he'll wipe the slate clean because the Southgater is needed alive.

Anticlimax, I write thy name.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:40:21 am »
I don't know what you were expecting. Denying the southgater all guidance would be detrimental to... everyone involved. Unless the player gives up in DC, in which case Rahm-Umbra made a mistake.

"Godmen" as the singular and plural forms fits in perfectly
I know! Now tell it to Styg, we must (gather an army to) convince him that he's wrong about a term he invented! That should be easy, it's not like Styg always likes his own ideas way better than anyone else's, right?

I don't know, a little more errr anger/hate/threats from Six.

STEN

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 04:13:52 pm »
Escape, huh?
I was able to kill him...

Buuut it was long ago, Six has been buffed later.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:49 pm »
That bastard Six took the artifact back from me ! I also manage to escape with it ! Damn alien !

At least, he left the Southgater alive, even if you're super stuborn and insolent
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:33:40 pm by Dieusama »