Author Topic: Super Slam feat question  (Read 8980 times)

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Super Slam feat question
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2017, 12:22:43 pm »
Oh, wow. I think it's possible to conclude that number is kind of overkill, considering that both Dodge and Evasion can only reduce enemy's THC up to 60%. Although, I actually don't know how each single point can make the difference, I'd like to use this opportunity to ask at the very least epeli and maybe even Wildan: What is the most optimal number of Dodge and Evasion that you need, AFTER synergy+stat bonus+equipment bonus+feat abilities bonus? Seriously.... I have to say that Defense skills of Underrail felt underwhelming, especially since it can only reduce THC up to 60%.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2017, 12:42:00 pm »
Oh, wow. I think it's possible to conclude that number is kind of overkill, considering that both Dodge and Evasion can only reduce enemy's THC up to 60%.

You misunderstood the mechanics. Not "up to 60%", but "by 60%". From the base of 70%. Meaning, you can reach 10% hit rate on you before other modifiers.

I'd like to use this opportunity to ask at the very least epeli and maybe even Wildan: What is the most optimal number of Dodge and Evasion that you need, AFTER synergy+stat bonus+equipment bonus+feat abilities bonus?

Well, i'm not a Wildan, but that's a pretty easy question to answer. Though it depends on what you mean by "optimal" - most effective point after which there is no benefit of putting any investment into defense or most cost effective investment?

Since 60%  reduction happens at the point where your defense skill is twice as big as attack skill used on you, you'll need around that much to get most benefit from defense skills. Specific numbers can vary, especially with new difficulty setting that increased attack skill for enemies by 30%, but i usually take the largest number i can produce as a player (namely 272 effective skill) and double it, then use it as ballpark estimate for skill ceiling i need to reach.

-------

Why reloading screen at all?
I died once during Arena.

but then

I tried to assault Lurkers base, and even with that evasion, crossbower hit me every second shot, and sniper hit me with Aimed Shot - barely survived, 10+ hp left, died two times.

It seems your memory is even worse than your math ability)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:57:34 pm by MirddinEmris »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2017, 01:03:43 pm »
Oh, wow. I think it's possible to conclude that number is kind of overkill, considering that both Dodge and Evasion can only reduce enemy's THC up to 60%.

You mean, even if I get numbers higher, id won't change anything?
Welp...

You misunderstood the mechanics. Not "up to 60%", but "by 60%". From the base of 70%. Meaning, you can reach 10% hit rate on you before other modifiers.

Thanks for clarification.

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2017, 02:01:58 pm »
@MirddinEmris OH RIGHT! I misread the wiki page! Thanks for the clarification!

Also, man, don't push Fenix like that. Died once in the Arena, and then died twice on the Lurker's base? Not bad at all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:06:10 pm by Black Angel »

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 02:19:49 pm »
@MirddinEmris OH RIGHT! I misread the wiki page! Thanks for the clarification!

Also, man, don't push Fenix like that. Died once in the Arena, and then died twice on the Lurker's base? Not bad at all.
Yeah, why the accusing tone, I like to hear how interesting builds like Fenix's work in practice, especially when they differ from my own.

But the to hit chance deduction from Evasion, is the "up to 60%" in addition to stuff like lighting and distance?

Example, if you get say -20% from distance, -30% from dark light and -50% from targer evasion, is that 0% to hit? Or always a 5% chance, or something else?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »
The only things that left I think, is Abram's quests, Protectorate quests and Tchortists.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 04:08:40 pm »
Yeah, why the accusing tone, I like to hear how interesting builds like Fenix's work in practice, especially when they differ from my own.

If that was true, than yes, that would be impressive with build like this. I just don't see him playing on Hard (as he said) and finishing the final area without dying even once. Also, he show complete lack of understanding of how game mechanics and basic math works. Read thread from the start for examples.

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 05:22:50 pm »
Also, he show complete lack of understanding of how game mechanics and basic math works. Read thread from the start for examples.
I guess it's because he's not a native-English speaker, and if you pay attention to his posts here and in RPG Codex (no offense to Fenix) he's still learning to explain in English properly.

And if you're talking about how he stated that he would miss more because of using Balor's Hammer with 1 or 2 less STR requirement (of which you stated that could be anywhere between 5-15% penalty to THC), I think I personally understand what he meant by that. Underrail's combat is dice/RNG-oriented, and any attacks that's below 90% could miss few times in a row. Because of that, Fenix preferred to deal damage consecutively instead of risking to miss at (probably) a critical point. Besides, he's doing fine (died once to Carnifex, died twice in Lurker's base, that's absolutely impressive).

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 06:14:01 pm »
Also, he show complete lack of understanding of how game mechanics and basic math works. Read thread from the start for examples.
I guess it's because he's not a native-English speaker, and if you pay attention to his posts here and in RPG Codex (no offense to Fenix) he's still learning to explain in English properly.

And if you're talking about how he stated that he would miss more because of using Balor's Hammer with 1 or 2 less STR requirement (of which you stated that could be anywhere between 5-15% penalty to THC), I think I personally understand what he meant by that. Underrail's combat is dice/RNG-oriented, and any attacks that's below 90% could miss few times in a row. Because of that, Fenix preferred to deal damage consecutively instead of risking to miss at (probably) a critical point. Besides, he's doing fine (died once to Carnifex, died twice in Lurker's base, that's absolutely impressive).

What a coincidence, english is not my first language either)

There is a limit to what you can attribute to a bad proficiency in language. He didn't say that he would miss more in a row, he said that "dps would be lower" because "when you have more damage you loose more dps when you miss". That's on the level of saying that you have 50% chance of meeting a dinosaur on a street because you either meet him or you don't.

Well, the moral is that perhaps you shouldn't take too seriously what he says about what works in the game and what isn't.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:16:03 pm by MirddinEmris »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »
In that case I was trolling a bit to be honest.
Neverless, my build is as viable as any other, and in my eyes more fun to play than any armored.