Author Topic: Super Slam feat question  (Read 8896 times)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Super Slam feat question
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 10:58:27 pm »
Fenix stated he will reply on stealth. When you attack from stealth you have 0 MP, how are you going to next target without Sprint/Hit and Run?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2017, 12:26:41 am »
Well, I have Adrenalin Shot, and often enemies grouped together - at least for now.
And char can survive 1 turn for sure if he won't be incapacitated or stunned.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2017, 12:42:52 am »
Ok, whatever, it's your build. But, just that thing...

That just mean that miss will descrease my dps even more than before.

Do...do you even know how math works?

Wrong. I playe many stealthed builds, crossbower has 10 Agi andI noticed that my atealth is not anough anyway, and higher detection is more important.

Erm, unless your crossbow build had PER less than 7, then this build will be even worse at this. I mean you've got both PER and AGI that is less than that of a crossbow guy with 10 AGI.

to destroyor:

Fenix stated he will reply on stealth. When you attack from stealth you have 0 MP, how are you going to next target without Sprint/Hit and Run?

He is just using his AP for that. Deducing from his reply he has time for 1 taser attack and one regular attack between two enemies.

to epeli:

I may ruin the nice atmosphere here, but I believe destroyor and MirddinEmris overestimate the importance of agility and those feats.

Well, i don't, honestly. It's just his arguments are contradictory to what he is doing and i'm trying to make sense of this. If he said "well, that's how i like it" i would say "well, ok, it's you char". But when he is saying "this makes me better at this" when it objectively doesn't...idk, it just seems weird to me.

I thought it's pretty cool and original to see a sneaky low con hammer build with max perception.

7 PER is not max)

Hit and Run honestly won't get you anywhere

Actually, while it can't be used to retreat, it can be used to move between enemies after killing them, and often it actually can be used to position yourself more favorably at the end of the turn. It is especially useful if you start your combat form stealth.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:44:51 am by MirddinEmris »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2017, 02:43:15 am »
Do...do you even know how math works?
Yes. I hit 200 instead of 100 with Balor Hammer, thus when I miss I lose more.

Erm, unless your crossbow build had PER less than 7, then this build will be even worse at this. I mean you've got both PER and AGI that is less than that of a crossbow guy with 10 AGI.
10 Per 10 Agi - and detection is more important than stealth.

He is just using his AP for that. Deducing from his reply he has time for 1 taser attack and one regular attack between two enemies.
50 AP - 3 hammer bashes or 2 bashes and taser and moving, 70 AP - more bashing and taser stun.

It's just his arguments are contradictory to what he is doing and i'm trying to make sense of this.
It's just you don't know game well enough, so sense won't coming.

7 PER is not max)
With Snooping it is maxed for secrets, and with Paranoia it is even better than 10 Per without it for stealth vs stealth.

Actually, while it can't be used to retreat, it can be used to move between enemies after killing them, and often it actually can be used to position yourself more favorably at the end of the turn. It is especially useful if you start your combat form stealth.
It is not a mandatory.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:37:12 am by Fenix »

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2017, 04:07:11 am »
Yes. I hit 200 instead of 100 with Balor Hammer, thus when I miss I lose more.

I...see. Well, i guess that's where i end it. Not with a bang, but with a snicker.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 06:08:56 am »
It's not only my preference, it is interesting build also.
E.g. I cleaned up two packs of Faceless - near Foundry and in cave in Core City - from first try.
So nothing so non-optimal in this build.
With all buffs I have like 500-600 dodge already, and 400 evasion.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »
So, I did Arena, and died only once in a fight with last opponent, and you know him.
Tough son of a bitch.
Also I like "What a Turn" turn of events, that was really cool.
Lvl 19, got 20 after Arena.
Definitely, Pummel could be useful for that fight, if I would get lvl 20 before it.

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2017, 03:31:09 am »
Damn, good to know a stealthy-hammerer actually works in this game. Once I had a thought of such build and then looking at the archetype I concluded it wouldn't work (Heavy attacks requiring lots of APs, and being melee needing lots of MPs and needs CON to survive subsequent turns). Turns out with decent stealth you can carefully position yourself and catch mobs off-guard.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 05:53:02 am »
With TiChrome hammer and lifting belt you need 16 AP to strike once.
And this char has like 70 MP, so...

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 04:40:45 pm »
Good example how completionists (no secerets - I want to see and get everything) willingly shoot in their own foot. Ironically 7 PER is enough for maybe only half of hidden areas and shortcuts.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:48 pm »
Good example how completionists (no secerets - I want to see and get everything) willingly shoot in their own foot. Ironically 7 PER is enough for maybe only half of hidden areas and shortcuts.
But he has Snooping, so PER=10 for secrets.

However, a sledgehammer build with 3 CON is just not doing it for me... I can not stand the reloading screen. And 4 AGI and stealth, so slow!

No for stealth hammer, 10 STR, 10 CON, 8 AGI is the thing. In fact screw intelligence, we are bludgeoning things to death with a blunt metal object, not philosophing over mathematical problems.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2017, 09:04:39 pm »
Why reloading screen at all?
I died once during Arena.
I did without reloading both Faceless groups - one near Foundry, one in COre City.
Energy Shield, evasion, dodge, Infused Siphoner Leather Tabi\Leather Armor, Nimble, Deflection, Boxing Gloves, Jumping Bean, Adrenalin Shot.
Can't see why I should see reloading screen often?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »
Btw the one who made Gauntlet is a maniac.
That was hard, even frustrating at times.
Also, crits with dagger were about 200+ dmg, for 10 AP, which was much preferable to steel sledgehamer's 25 AP.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:28 pm »
Why reloading screen at all?
I died once during Arena.
I did without reloading both Faceless groups - one near Foundry, one in COre City.
Energy Shield, evasion, dodge, Infused Siphoner Leather Tabi\Leather Armor, Nimble, Deflection, Boxing Gloves, Jumping Bean, Adrenalin Shot.
Can't see why I should see reloading screen often?
You must know the game very well.
I manage to screw up sometimes, and do stupid things. Or get surprised or bumped out of stealth. And sometimes I can not prepare for combat beforehand even with stealth. That is when I need the high HP pool, especially for close combat.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2017, 11:00:16 am »
Well, yeah.
I tried to assault Lurkers base, and even with that evasion, crossbower hit me every second shot, and sniper hit me with Aimed Shot - barely survived, 10+ hp left, died two times.
Also it's not the top stats obviously, but anyway quite high.