Author Topic: Possible bug in quest "Get Support for Black Eels"  (Read 4107 times)

Tahoefox

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Possible bug in quest "Get Support for Black Eels"
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:44:11 am »
I am unable to get help from SGS after returning the Armadillo Class Drill Rotor Circuit Board without persuasion. In previous versions choosing the dialog option "I'll leave the politics to you guys"  after returning the drill parts would result in the SGS council choosing to support the Black Eels. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended change as I didn't see anything about it in recent patch notes.

GOG Says I have version 1.0.3.20, I believe this is the experimental branch. Hard mode if that matters.

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug in quest "Get Support for Black Eels"
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 06:40:51 am »
I've got the same problem. I think it might be if you've started the find Blaine quest line before handing in the circuit board.

Viktor_Berg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:18:33 pm »
I can confirm I have the same issue. I did accept the Find Blake mission before delivering the drill parts, for what that matters.

Tahoefox

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:03:33 pm »
I just tested with a new save, and it happens regardless of when I accepted the Find Blaine quest.

Tanner cites bad timing with the earthquake repairs in either case, so I'm going to try completing a few other quests before talking to him.

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 06:08:53 pm »
Same problem here, even after the repairs on the tunnel were done Tanner still mentions he can't help because of the tunnel repairs.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 02:11:36 pm »
The default outcome of the council has indeed been changed and now depends on whether Gorsky is still around to push his agenda or not; also, the persuasion skill check values have been tweaked a bit, also based on Gorsky's presence. I guess we missed that one in the change log, so sorry about the misunderstanding. Things are working as intended. I have, however, now changed Tanner's reply so that he won't mention earthquake repairs after the railway has been cleared but give another reason.

MeToLee

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 04:45:12 am »
So there is no way for us to get SGS support unless we have persuation now? :( I restarted to game when I realized I missed black eels quest line so I can do this. In my new game I bring the issue to the council they refused to help. then I loaded an old save because wiki tells me council decides to help Black Eels if you bring the drill part first. Then I had to kill some of those muties again and run around for some quest... and I tell you its no fun.  then I brought the drill parts only to find out they'll refuse to help again. I'm loving the game but this makes me feel frustrated.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 02:50:04 pm »
The default outcome of the council has indeed been changed and now depends on whether Gorsky is still around to push his agenda or not; also, the persuasion skill check values have been tweaked a bit, also based on Gorsky's presence.

Apparently none of this works in 1.0.4.16 (no expedition)
www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Get_support_for_Black_Eels&curid=1646&diff=32875&oldid=32874

What do you mean? Nothing's been changed following implementation.