Author Topic: I have 139 hours only to be fucking destroyed by the last boss, using melee buil  (Read 2901 times)

greenfishredd

• Noob
    • View Profile
139 hours, this is my 2nd playthrough. First one I only went to core city.

I have been playing this game nonstop for two weeks. Had a blast until I entered deep caverns. I'm not gonna waste words what others have already said.

However I can't for the love of me kill the last boss.

Using sledgehammer build with electric sledgehammer, metal armor, taser. Where in the game did any NPC tell the player "you can't use melee build you have to use overpowered stealth or psi builds???

Tried the following:

A try to destroy a mutagen tank <--- downright impossible, I can get max 1-2 hits before tentacles destroying me.

B going directly to the boss, he has like 20% of his health left before i'm killed, my hypos doesn't help me much.

C mutangen puzzle, I gave up this is just too boring also only have like 8 mutagens

I'm not gonna waste hours trying to find any more mutagens.

I'll say this before deep caverns i'd give this an 8 out of 10 game, deep caverns made this a 6.5 game for me.

Just think its fucking downrigth bullshit I can't kill the last boss using a melee build.

Styg said something on the forums "you don't need mutagen puzzle if you made i through the caverns" sorry man but that's bullshit; I made it trhough the caverns only to be fucking destroyed by the last boss.

Feels like 139 hours were downright wasted since I can't even finish the game.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
More information would be helpful, like you build and gear.

I killed Tchort with melee builds. Hammer, knife, unarmed - all of them. Didn't even had to destroy the tanks or solve the puzzle, if i remember correctly.

A try to destroy a mutagen tank <--- downright impossible, I can get max 1-2 hits before tentacles destroying m

Try using TNT charges. There are some lying in the warehouse area. One charge is enough to destroy the tank.

B going directly to the boss, he has like 20% of his health left before i'm killed, my hypos doesn't help me much.

Try using drugs to help you. For example morphine + lifting belt + mushroom brew and you are VERY resistant to damage for 3 turns. Stuff like focus stim, giving +15% crit chance, will increase your overall damage immensely.

C mutangen puzzle, I gave up this is just too boring also only have like 8 mutagens

The puzzle is not that hard. If you have troubles, use this link to help you http://underrail.info.tm/mutagens/. You can even just ask for help solving it on forums and steam discussions, a lot of people already did. If you don't want to spend time looking hard for mutagens, you can look up their locations on wiki.

Styg said something on the forums "you don't need mutagen puzzle if you made i through the caverns" sorry man but that's bullshit; I made it trhough the caverns only to be fucking destroyed by the last boss.

You really don't. Maybe not you specifically, but if one overcame challenges of the caverns (like how to deal with high mech resist, for example) then one can kill the last boss. Try varying your tactics and general approach to battle.

greenfishredd

• Noob
    • View Profile
Thanks for the prompt reply MirddinEmris!

Sledgehammer build, level 21

Shock Tichrome
dmg 45-71
critical chance 10%
on hit 56-111 electricty
28-58 dmg to all nearby enemies

bladed sturdy tichrome armor
mechanical 33%
heat 42%
acid 5
energy 46%
armor penalty 35%
melee attacks have 30% to inflict a bleeding wound that eats 14-25 dmg

antitermic boots
effecient low energy shield emitter

Feats
Armor sloping
conditioning
hunter
oppurtunist
sprint
pummel
vile weaponry
weaponsmith
thick skull
expose weakness
bone breaker
taste for blood

TNT charges - how do you use them in combat? I can't use stealth, i have like 0 stealth

Drugs - I used adrenaline+morphine, don't have anything else besides med hypos

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
What are your skills and attributes? You can use this http://underrail.info.tm/build/ to just show it.

If you have Dex 7, you can take Quick Tinkering on your next level and use it in combat. Though if your stealth is completely zero, it's just better to go straight for Tchort, probably.

antitermic boots

Why do you have boots and not tabi? I mean, you DO have tichrome sledgehammer. It means that with lifting belt + tabi you can swing it 3 time per turn instead of 2 (without adrenaline).

Overall your build looks like you followed some guidelines from forum, but you skipped the gear part. 33% mech resist for  a "heavy" sledg build looks really lacking. Did you use just one metal plate for your armor?

Maybe you should just level up some more. It will give you more hp, more damage (since your combat skill increases damage and accuracy), couple more feats and attribute point. Perhaps this is what you need to push this battle in your favor.

Drugs - I used adrenaline+morphine, don't have anything else besides med hypos

Unlike real life, in Underrail "more drugs" can really be an answer to your problems.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:46:50 pm by MirddinEmris »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Yeah, your char looks a little underleveled and undergeared, and more combat drugs are appreciated too.
Also I drew a build - pure theorycraft thoug - of stealthy sladgehammerer, who probably can smash final boss in two without problem.

While I see Bruno's request, heavy tin cans were never my cup of tea.

So, I made stealth one-shotter with hammer. Balor's hammer.

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?AwGlEYQJgVhcBsIkA4QGYNYOxjxdOcdCcIwkFUFOUCYeu+B5pt-PJcNWaAThAAWUIIExBIGLgRxscFBL7ogA

There are few variation - not sure how to use last feat.
Is it Opportunist, or Deflection (which should give +100 dodge), or Evasive Maneuvers, or Pummel (how useful it is at all, tell me who played hammerers?)
I concidered Bone Breaker and Super Slam as a waste and overkill.

Also I took both Sprint and Hit and Run, ans it can be overkill too, so possibly we can throw out one of them.