Author Topic: Chemical/energy pistols  (Read 15928 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Chemical/energy pistols
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2017, 12:43:26 pm »
This debate inspired me too . . .

. . . keep rolling pure psi-based Southgater :p

That's a my boy!  :D

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2017, 01:03:58 pm »
I tried one of Wildan's energy pistol crit build once.

It was such a chore compared to full PSI I gave up before Depot A . . .

I don't doubt this is powerfull, more than full PSI (those 600+ % bonus crit pistol must be pretty harmful with aimed shot/execute), but you quickly miss all those CC psi offers (grenades ? HAHAHAHA)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2017, 06:39:21 am »
Never again!
This guy in Core City is hilarious lol.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2017, 06:57:26 am »
In fight with Faceless on platforme managed to destroy Mindreader, crossbower, sniper and 3 augmented rathound.
There are too much of them for this build.
I'll try them with my Psi when Expedition will be released.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2017, 07:44:32 am »
With psi, a little Locus OF Control, a little enrage, you grab your drink, and enjoy the show  8)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2017, 02:55:45 pm »
Any build can take on the Faceless at Core city by using morphine, gas and incendiary grenades; that's pretty much the only reliable way to farm Empty Infusion Tank + Faceless Mask Fragment oddity without turning Faceless hostile in DC.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2017, 03:04:19 pm »
Do they infinitly respawn ? I always wanted to farm those oddities, but never had the patience.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2017, 04:07:27 pm »
Yes they do infinitely respawn around Core city in two places: train platform and cave S, W, W from electric shop on merchant level. For some reason in my plays Faceless at the cave have exceptionally poor drop so I farm the platform. The trick is to have high mobility, use adrenaline + morphine + gas + fire and slowly push them back towards the tunnelers. They'll either kill or severally injure themselves running through gas + fire. Retreat once adrenaline is down, rinse and repeat.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2017, 08:55:36 pm »
Any build can take on the Faceless at Core city by using morphine, gas and incendiary grenades
When build using grenade, this mean grenade build, not any but one and only grenade build.
Sledgehammer or nothing.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2017, 10:04:33 am »
Also, as guy with sledgehammer, I joined Praetorians.
And after their first initial quest were finished, I was that closed door, leading to a quest area for JKK mission was open.
So, this 2 doors in sewern will be open after initial quests?
I just want to go as Psi next time, and join Coretech, but want to visit misterious pillars in sewer.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2017, 01:22:57 pm »
Effective use of incendiary and gas grenades isn't gated behind any particular skills or feats, so any build can use them to create a killing field for the Faceless near Core City.

You cannot access the pillars below Core City without joining the Praetorians. The area JKK sends you to may unlock after the warehouse attack no matter which faction you join, but Jookhela's area never does.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2017, 02:37:46 pm »
Effective use of incendiary and gas grenades isn't gated behind any particular skills or feats, so any build can use them to create a killing field for the Faceless near Core City.
If you use grenades on any build - it is grenade build, and not sonething different.

You cannot access the pillars below Core City without joining the Praetorians. The area JKK sends you to may unlock after the warehouse attack no matter which faction you join, but Jookhela's area never does.
Shit. :(

belial12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2017, 05:15:07 am »
If you use grenades on any build - it is grenade build, and not sonething different.

Shit. :(
that's just a matter of syntax, but seeing how little you have to put into grenade, I have to disagree, it's even possible to use grenade with 0 throwing, so any build can use them.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2017, 05:05:23 am »
Right, but that mean that this is actually grenade build, if you relies and used only them for one fight.
And I don't want to use them, I want to use my primary weapon.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:28:42 am by Fenix »