Author Topic: Playing around with the graphics  (Read 1815 times)

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Playing around with the graphics
« on: August 29, 2017, 01:37:13 am »
I enjoy modding games I've played a lot of, even if only in trivial ways, and one of the few ways in which Underrail can be modded is graphically, as the XNB format is easily unpacked and repacked. So I've been messing around with some of the graphics for fun, and came up with a little design for the Tabi Boots that brings them more in line with the regular boots:

I imagine there probably aren't many other people around who find this sort of stuff interesting or enjoyable, but figured I'd share regardless. Has anyone else experimented with graphical editing of the game?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:54:05 am by Sanger »

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Playing around with the graphics
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »
As a matter of fact I'm working on a small, simple re-sprite.

I was always bothered how the leather overcoat sprite has red goggles. I always end up wearing night vision goggles, so I decided to make them green, like in the example below.

I wil probably post the entire thing here when I'm done. Don't expect it anytime soon though.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Playing around with the graphics
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:29:21 am »
Cool, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's interested in this sort of thing.

Tygrende - there are a lot of sprites I would love to mess with, but the number of frames you have to edit individually means I will probably never touch any of them. I remember (years ago) trying to edit sprites in some of the old Infinity Engine games to give them pants, and giving up long before completion. I'm impressed with your dedication though.

epeli - wow, that guy has done an impressive amount of work, I'm kind of sad that I can't get ahold of it.