Author Topic: Faceless Medallion (Spoilers)  (Read 7126 times)

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Faceless Medallion (Spoilers)
« on: August 27, 2017, 12:07:42 am »
This has been bothering me since the first time I completed the game. When someone randomly gives me a thing in real life my gut reaction is usually to ask what it is or why I've been given it, but unfortunately our PC isn't able to do that when presented with this medallion. So what is it? Just some nondescript thank-you gewgaw? A membership card for their club for jerks? Surveillance bug, so they can spy on me while I poop? I'm surprised you can't actually ask about it when you receive it.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: Faceless Medallion (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:39:10 am »
I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be a token of their appreciation for the hard work you did by slaying Tchort and returning the Cube back to good hands. It has no functional use within the game outside of unlocking an extra slide in the ending reel, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I also recall someone mentioning on here that its some sort of Dark Souls reference or something, but I haven't played any of the Souls games, so I can't really help you much there.

Regardless, it's just a medallion.

Cmdr. DuctTape

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Commander on deck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 03:50:07 pm »
Yeah, right now it doesn't have any functionality, but you should hold on to it. It's always possible that in a later patch/DLC the medal will get some kind of function.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 08:55:01 pm »
I find it funny that when we finally get rid of the game's primary MacGuffin, it immediately hands us another one as reward.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:05:47 am »
I find it funny that when we finally get rid of the game's primary MacGuffin, it immediately hands us another one as reward.

Meanwhile I'm still wondering what this could be http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mysterious_Disk since you can keep it until the end of the game after solving the quest if you just pickpocket it from the quest giver after getting the reward. Not that everything should be explained of course.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 07:15:32 am »
Meanwhile I'm still wondering what this could be http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mysterious_Disk since you can keep it until the end of the game after solving the quest if you just pickpocket it from the quest giver after getting the reward. Not that everything should be explained of course.

It's a Godman mix tape.

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 12:30:15 am »
im sure it has some to do with north underrail and hexagonian X's accent

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 01:16:14 pm »
I've always thought that it was simply a token of gratitude, perhaps one you can present at a later time.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 12:27:29 am »
The blue X bears some resemblance to the icons on the ground near Rifts. May be coincidental.