Author Topic: Do critical damage multiplier work with Xbow elemental damage?  (Read 1882 times)

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Crossbow elemtal damage (fire, shock, acid...) from special bolts can critically hit.

Do the critical damage multiplier from the bowyer feat, anatomically-aware scope, sharpshooter feat etc affect the elemental damage from the special bolts, or only the base mechanical damage?

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Do critical damage multiplier work with Xbow elemental damage?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:43:13 pm »
Elemental criticals seem to work with all respects the same way as any other critical, based on some of the enormous figures I've seen from critical hits on special bolts.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:01:15 pm »
Holy batman.
I've seen some nasty criticals from special bolts too, I decided to check it with a new character...

With elemental bolts feat, and a build specced for critical damage, that would be some truly insane MkIII bolt criticals.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 12:24:26 pm »
I wonder if a Monsoon or a Cyclon is better for exploiting these elemental crits.

Typically I use Cyclon so I can use as many special bolts per turn as possible, it's a shame Digital High-Resolution Scope kinda sucks or a Monsoon High-Resolution build would be tempting to get as many of these elemental crits as possible.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 06:21:57 pm »
Zephyr is best for crits - it has base 125% crit.
Its better then Moonson because Moonson trades 40% crit multiplier for +5% crit - that's not worth it for me, you can craft Zephyr with Digital Scope and have high crit multiplier and just a little less crit chance.

As for the scope - I have found that scope that add +10% precision and +3% crit is the best for Cyclon, because even with 10 Perception I don't have enough precision.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:42:28 pm by Fenix »

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 09:57:43 pm »
I ended up using a Monsoon in my most recent game, but that's honestly only because it was the only frame I could find above QL125. I would've preferred a Cyclon for the four attacks per round with adrenaline. I used an anatomically aware scope; I had 16 perception by level 24 and definitely didn't need more precision. I suspect the numbers would probably always favour the anatomically aware scope. You could use seekers if you wanted higher crit chance, though I'm doubtful that they could ever beat out smart goggles for a crossbow marksman, as Snipe and Aimed Shot are also critically important.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:11:31 pm by Sanger »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 12:04:13 am »
You can get 5 attacks with Blitz.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 12:08:52 am »
Yeah, but there's no way I'm sinking 10 points into agility with a marksman build.

Edit: just did a bit of testing to make absolutely sure; special bolt criticals definitely benefit from bonuses to crit chance and crit damage in exactly the same way as any other critical.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:16:22 am by Sanger »