Author Topic: On Tchort and An Alternative  (Read 2846 times)

PraeposterXim

• Noob
  • Tchortling in Disguise
    • View Profile
On Tchort and An Alternative
« on: August 04, 2017, 02:03:24 am »
Hello all! First time posting here, but I bought the game at the Steam Sale and have been playing it nonstop ever since getting it. I'm already up to 100 hours, and I have lost sleep to this amazing game  :P

Right now I am on my first proper playthrough, a battlemage protectorite and (what I thought would be) a devoted Tchortist. A gal who tries to be good and make the best of bad situations, but devoted to trying to minimize conflict in the Underrail as much as possible. I was excited to see what was in store for me in the Institute, but my heart sank when I saw Eidein die to the Faceless, and I got a "creeping dread" when I kinda spoiled the whole Tchort is the boss and there is no way to save or salvage the biggest technological/religious organization in (at least South) Underrail. I went on to kinda spoil a lot more details about Six, Tanner, the Faceless, et cetera, but I haven't gotten to killing Tchort just yet.

In general, I don't feel entirely comfortable killing Tchort considering the lack of information on what its plans are for humanity, I am unsure of the extent to which it could negitavely affect humanity, and the fact that the Faceless have committed just as much of (if not more) of a sin against mankind by culling the Institute. As a player, I am philisophically stuck in a position where I gotta be the guy who "killed god" (If the weird alien-mutant that is Tchort can be described as such), but as Neitzche says in his writings that comes with its own slew of problems. Killing Tchort should be a decision, but that does not mean that you can't still have a boss fight of perhaps equally epic proportions.

ALTERNATIVE TO KILLING TCHORT

You get Eidein safely to the deep caverns, but the Faceless follow you there, and you must face perhaps an entire race of these rockmen and kill their strongest warriors/leaders as to ensure Tchorts Safety. While you do this, Six, Tanner, and perhaps another one of their "kin" comes to attempt to kill Tchort personally and obtain the Cube. You make it just as Tchort is brought into a weakened state, and you need to find a way to kill all three of these f*****s, perhaps with Eideins help. I think this would offer a great alternative to Tchortist-sympathetic characters, and besides the quest of killing Faceless I don't see it as being quite that hard to impliment.

Tl;dr: Lemme fight Six, Tanner, and another dude instead of killing Tchort.

And yes, I am aware Tchort means Demon :D
There is no Evolution but Tchort, and Eidein is the Messenger of Evolution.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: On Tchort and An Alternative
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 03:39:38 am »
I like the idea of having an alternative to killing Tchort. However, I'm pretty sure Styg & Co. have plans for Six and Tanner so your alternative end game scenario wouldn't really work. I think the only remaining logical enemy would be Faceless, perhaps the end game boss battle would be fighting against one of their (super pimp-up) drill vehicle?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 07:59:25 am »
In general, I don't feel entirely comfortable killing Tchort considering the lack of information on what its plans are for humanity, I am unsure of the extent to which it could negitavely affect humanity, and the fact that the Faceless have committed just as much of (if not more) of a sin against mankind by culling the Institute.
I presume you didn't get to chat with the Faceless Commander? He explains the entire situation quite well.

Also, have you visited the restricted part of the Institute?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 03:47:53 am »
Tl;dr: Lemme fight Six, Tanner, and another dude instead of killing Tchort.
For what it's worth, based on some lore that you can uncover endgame, you'd have no chance against Tanner.
EDIT: That sounded somehow aggressive.  Not my intent.  Let me rephrase:
"Based on some lore available lategame, I don't think any of us would have a chance against Tanner."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:56:17 am by TheAverageGortsby »

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 02:28:58 pm »
I'm pretty sure Styg & Co. have plans for Six and Tanner so your alternative end game scenario wouldn't really work.

So? Just make this ending non-canon. A mean we already have two endings, where you can either go where Six tell you to, or stay in SGS.

The real reason they wouldn't do that i think is that it will require quite a lot of time and effort to implement and they would rather spend those on some other things. StygSoft is basically and indie company and they have to be careful about resource management.

"Based on some lore available lategame, I don't think any of us would have a chance against Tanner."

Not sure about that. Six is very strong, but Tanner is stated to be weaker than Six, though there is no real estimate on how much weaker.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 02:13:22 am »
You can kill Tanner in game. this is not something that is completely impossible.

So I think it should be possible to fight him.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 04:20:16 pm »
You can kill Tanner in game. this is not something that is completely impossible.
The only way to kill him in the current version of the game (that I know of at least) is by abusing corrosive acid with an imported character. Definitely not canon.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 04:44:39 pm »
The only way to kill him in the current version of the game (that I know of at least) is by abusing corrosive acid with an imported character. Definitely not canon.

That is not true. There are alternative methods, but much more difficult.

Eh, what the heck. I will share it now.

Tanner's immortality is not permanent as it seems. It can be broken. After like 50~65 hits or something(I used SMG with highest damage build and used full auto every turn), his invulnerability will be broken and he can be harmed(which makes sense lore-wise, considering that this doesn't work on Six therefore making Tanner weaker). I should test more on this later.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:54:23 pm by reinhark »
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.