Author Topic: Ack! No Oculus :(  (Read 1915 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Ack! No Oculus :(
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:51 am »
I wasn't paying much attention when I turned in all 3 final Oculus quests to Jack Quicksilver. I think I've failed to do them "Optimally" for the first time ever. Azif is not there. I suspect it's because I snuck in and killed the assassin without being filmed or seen, but I did not talk to him first. Big mistake apparently? I perhaps am too jaded and didn't pay enough attention. Really sucks since Oculus is a high point of the game and I never did get to the 3rd level of the database. If I did in fact fail, can anyone send me a cheatengine script to set the Oculus flag, or am I just going to have to deal with it?

andvare

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Ack! No Oculus :(
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
Is there any actual in game benefits for finding Occulus?

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 12:10:54 pm »
I wasn't paying much attention when I turned in all 3 final Oculus quests to Jack Quicksilver. I think I've failed to do them "Optimally" for the first time ever. Azif is not there. I suspect it's because I snuck in and killed the assassin without being filmed or seen, but I did not talk to him first. Big mistake apparently? I perhaps am too jaded and didn't pay enough attention. Really sucks since Oculus is a high point of the game and I never did get to the 3rd level of the database. If I did in fact fail, can anyone send me a cheatengine script to set the Oculus flag, or am I just going to have to deal with it?

The foundry-oculus quest... it is the most easier to complete optimally but in a certain way: When you have killed the Beast you can speak with Chief to release Todor after talking to the prison warden. Only need to find his sniper rifle left behind.

Aside for a reward for Lockpicking/hacking users by completing a quest, the area is rich in lore information, it has an almost end-game store (even better with Mercantile skill) and after returning from Deep Caverns you can get additional info about certain obnoxious cyborg and his background.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 04:22:52 pm »

The foundry-oculus quest... it is the most easier to complete optimally but in a certain way: When you have killed the Beast you can speak with Chief to release Todor after talking to the prison warden. Only need to find his sniper rifle left behind.

Aside for a reward for Lockpicking/hacking users by completing a quest, the area is rich in lore information, it has an almost end-game store (even better with Mercantile skill) and after returning from Deep Caverns you can get additional info about certain obnoxious cyborg and his background.

I know how to complete the Foundry portion without violence, as I've done it a dozen times. I thought I'd change it up this time and assassinate him, and I could swear that was still an "optimal" way. But I suspect the problem is that I didn't talk to anyone besides the Oculus agent first. I don't like this...it's very arbitrary. I think non-optimal should be something like you killed him but got seen doing it etc. I'm bummed out: that shop in Oculus is the best electronics shop in the game for quite some time.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 03:11:41 pm »
It's suboptimal because Oculus loses a valuable agent if you do it this way. Has nothing to do with who you talk to or whether you're seen. They pretty much tell you that killing him is a last resort.