Author Topic: Bipod move penalty  (Read 1303 times)

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Bipod move penalty
« on: July 20, 2017, 11:49:34 am »
The way bipod always worked was that its 10% precision bonus was lost when not focused, even though the tooltip didn't show this. I noticed that now the weapons with bipod show 10% more move penalty in their tooltip.

I assumed this is nothing more than a cometic change meant to show the player that the bonus is lost when not focused, but now that I'm playing it seems this penalty is added on top of losing the bonus. I was using an assault rifle with a bipod, chance to hit was 58% when focused, 33% after moving. That's 25% less precision, 5% from the default move penalty ARs have, 10% from the added move penalty of the bipod, 10% must be the lost bipod bonus.

Is this intended to work this way? It seems a bit harsh given that bipod already has an AP penalty.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Bipod move penalty
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 12:04:11 pm »
I though it always had the move and shoot penalty. It's working as intended, but it might be a bit too harsh, yeah.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:19:51 pm »
I though it always had the move and shoot penalty.
I'm fairly sure it didn't have it before. I distinctly remember that in the past my precision would drop by 50% when using a sniper rifle with a bipod and a regular scope, 30% from the default move and shoot penalty, 20% from lost bonuses.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 12:52:00 pm »
I though it always had the move and shoot penalty.
I'm fairly sure it didn't have it before. I distinctly remember that in the past my precision would drop by 50% when using a sniper rifle with a bipod and a regular scope, 30% from the default move and shoot penalty, 20% from lost bonuses.

Well, anyway, I halved the AP and move&shoot penalty for the assault rifles when attaching bipod. It can stay for the snipers.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 05:29:24 pm »
Sounds reasonable, yeah. The added move penalty doesn't hurt sniper rifles as much since it's already pretty crippling.