Author Topic: Syphoner man?  (Read 11591 times)

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Syphoner man?
« on: July 18, 2017, 04:06:14 am »
Just checking back on and asking if anyone has had any luck finding siphoner man in my last thread someone made a post claiming that they found them in a certain area but when I asked him about it they did not follow up no response whatsoever can't tell if I was getting memed on. So I have to ask has anyone found the legendary siphon or man because I for the life of me cannot find him. Somebody please help me. :

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:28:20 am by snake2243 »

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: Syphoner man?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 02:19:05 pm »
To my knowledge, it's a joke / red herring. I'm pretty sure that guy was just messing with you earlier. ;)

Of course, there's no telling what easter eggs the devs might add in the upcoming expansion or any future updates. Maybe the siphoner man will reveal himself yet? ;D

(But seriously, as far as I know, there's nothing).

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:09:12 pm »
- Utility Slot #6
But that's solved. Hell, you are the one who explained it.

- Al Fabet's ultimate fate (he's not dead!)
How would you know that?

Cmdr. DuctTape

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Commander on deck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 05:09:29 pm »
Great mysteries of Underrail

in vague order of first appearance
- TLV
- (int) abuse
- Tanner
- Ezra
- Mysterious Disk
- Dude's thought(?) process
- Styg's doppelganger in Junkyard
- Siphoner Man
- pig_backpack_l.png
- Hollow Earth Incident
- lack of ladders near the institute
(1.0 release)
- Tanner's sunglasses
- Utility Slot #6
- Black Arrow
- Eidein's Passage (jk its unfinished)
- Siphoner Man
- Faceless Medallion
- Al Fabet's ultimate fate (he's not dead!)
- why they called it Expedition instead of Doom Sea of Doom
- Two-Headed Mutant

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't somebody post the picture of a 2 headed mutant a while ago?

EDIT: Yep, somebody did found it. Link to the topic: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3031.0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:15:12 pm by Cpt.DuctTape »

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:15:16 pm »
A serb with a weird hat claimed so...
Sounds credible to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't somebody post the picture of a 2 headed mutant a while ago?
Yeah, but we still don't know the exact conditions that need to be met for him to appear. At least most of us don't.

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »
- Styg's doppelganger in Junkyard

Styg has a doppelganger in Junkyard?

Also, more mysteries of Underrail, ordered arbitrarily:

- Bladelings of Unusual Size (I don't think they exist)
- East and West Underrail
- Brzozplno Nebrechega Skontam (what does it mean??)
- What the trains look like on the inside
- lux-c4 (go home map, you're drunk)
- the door in cv-14 (you know the one)
- that door in the lair of the final boss
  - related: where the heck the Faceless go to after [redacted]
- Maurice (some people call him the Space Cowboy)
- Eidein's ultimate fate
- the meaning of life loot is life. life is loot.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 12:28:56 pm »

- lux-c4 (go home map, you're drunk)

Let's not speak about that anymore....

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 01:25:10 pm »
Important on-topic addendum: As far as I can tell, siphoner men are not particularly fond of mushrooms.

Initializing goose_chase.exe

We can't risk AI Styg overtaking the world, even if it would mean faster Underrail releases.

And more frequent dev logs! ;D don't hurt me plz I have a family

On a more serious note:

- it's explained by someone ingame

So there actually is an in-game explanation for this? I've been looking for info on this for ages, but I've never been able to find anything more than the line "Except for one. Eidein's body was never found." from the ending slides. Could you please give me a hint as to where I should look to find out what happened to Mr. Metal-face in the end?
I've always just killed him to get the keycard--I've never lockpicked the door--so I don't know if that has something to do with why I get that particular ending slide every time.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 10:58:46 pm »
So there actually is an in-game explanation for this? I've been looking for info on this for ages, but I've never been able to find anything more than the line "Except for one. Eidein's body was never found." from the ending slides. Could you please give me a hint as to where I should look to find out what happened to Mr. Metal-face in the end?
I've always just killed him to get the keycard--I've never lockpicked the door--so I don't know if that has something to do with why I get that particular ending slide every time.

So maybe this is already explained by the guy you are referring to Epeli, but my last bossfight I noticed how incredibly uncanny a resemblance the Mouth of Tchort had to Eidein.

There is a portait on the wiki of him appearently, just take a look if you want to see what I mean.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:02:41 pm by Megaost »

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 03:37:36 pm »
Go and have a chat with a particularly talky faceless commander, you know the one. His dialogue had few unreachable branches before the experimental patches earlier this year. You've probably missed those. You might also want to try taking a less antagonistic stance with the institute tchortists someday, just to get a bit wider perspective to what happened there right before your descent.

Ah, perhaps I should have been more specific. I always killed Eidein to get the keycard during the Faceless invasion. For role-play purposes, I would ally with him up until the point when he refuses the player entry into the Deep Caverns while standing right in front of the elevator, and then I would choose the *Attack!* dialogue option and focus on killing Eidein and Samuel while the other Tchortists are distracted by the invading Faceless. This way I can preserve my alliance with the Faceless, too. ;)

As silly as it sounds, I had never considered the possibility that the Faceless had just collected Eidein's body for observation, obvious as it sounds. I really feel like quite an idiot, as that makes by far the most sense! For some reason I always assumed that he somehow got up and walked away. But of course the Faceless would want to take him apart to see how he works.

I had actually already seen that particular bit of dialogue from the commander, too, when I went back to it on the experimental patch. I guess I just totally forgot that I had even read it! :P

Regardless, thanks for the help, epeli. It is much appreciated. :)

So maybe this is already explained by the guy you are referring to Epeli, but my last bossfight I noticed how incredibly uncanny a resemblance the Mouth of Tchort had to Eidein.

There is a portait on the wiki of him appearently, just take a look if you want to see what I mean.

Yeah, I definitely see what you mean, but given the info presented by the Faceless Commander (that is: that the Faceless collected his body), I think it's safe to say that they are not the same person. Although, maybe it was the physical appearance of the Mouth of Tchort which inspired Eidein's costume?

Oh, and sorry for derailing this thread so much. :P

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 05:27:22 pm »
He has a point though, there is a resemblance. It's very likely Eidein is simply the only successful of the rejects so far. Or maybe rejects are unsuccessful copies of Eidein?

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 06:19:33 pm »
Danm you syphoner man, danm you, being difficult as fuck to find. theirs no reason to believe syphoner man is a hoax or just some meme mystery.

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 08:48:21 pm »
(I don't feel like covering this entire post in spoiler-text, so here's your spoiler warning for those who haven't beaten the game yet. Caveat lector!)

He has a point though, there is a resemblance. It's very likely Eidein is simply the only successful of the rejects so far. Or maybe rejects are unsuccessful copies of Eidein?

Hmm... a good theory, but that doesn't explain why all of Aiden Traver's memories are retained if he is a Reject himself (unless they transplanted his brain, but that's too easy of an excuse! ;) ). I can definitely see the latter being the case, though it fails to explain why the Mouth of Tchort is where it is.

Instead, perhaps the Mouth of Tchort itself is a Reject who escaped into the Deep Caverns and was subdued by Tchort? It definitely doesn't seem to me like the Mouth is speaking autonomously. Rather, I think the Eye is using the Mouth as a mobile set of vocal cords, so to speak.

Alternatively, it could be that the Mouth of Tchort was sent there deliberately by the Tchortists to speak on their god's behalf, and is therefore itself a successful Reject?

Lastly, perhaps the Rejects were created using the genetic data of the Mouth of Tchort, who predates the Rejects and the Institute entirely?

Or maybe it's none of the above! I suppose only the devs know.

Danm you syphoner man, danm you, being difficult as fuck to find. theirs no reason to believe syphoner man is a hoax or just some meme mystery.

Well, Styg posted a Pepe meme here a while back, so anything's possible.

EDIT: What's more, he posted that meme in the other siphoner man thread, so my bet's still on this all just being a hoax or dev in-joke.
or maybe the real siphoner man was inside us all along *inspiring jingle plays*
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:56:38 pm by Altos »

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 02:44:25 am »
The mouth itself can be explained very simply if you ask me. There has been... other examples of people like him, didn't we? Merged together as Tchortling like thing.

*Wink wink nudge nudge*

It is highly unlikely that Eldein being only successful specimen. Didn't Tchortist have some other unit of newly bio-engineered unit? The name escapes me for a moment... (they look more buffed than heavily armored compared to normal Tchortists)

It should be noted that most tchortists have similar masks, especially those bio-engineered unit. I can guess how it looks inside.

It is most likely that they have been experimenting with the Tchort genes. New bio solders - gene mods are their end products, Eldein is another. Rejects are merely the means to an end.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 02:56:29 am »
(I don't feel like covering this entire post in spoiler-text, so here's your spoiler warning for those who haven't beaten the game yet. Caveat lector!)

Hmm... a good theory, but that doesn't explain why all of Aiden Traver's memories are retained if he is a Reject himself (unless they transplanted his brain, but that's too easy of an excuse! ;) ). I can definitely see the latter being the case, though it fails to explain why the Mouth of Tchort is where it is.

Instead, perhaps the Mouth of Tchort itself is a Reject who escaped into the Deep Caverns and was subdued by Tchort? It definitely doesn't seem to me like the Mouth is speaking autonomously. Rather, I think the Eye is using the Mouth as a mobile set of vocal cords, so to speak.

Alternatively, it could be that the Mouth of Tchort was sent there deliberately by the Tchortists to speak on their god's behalf, and is therefore itself a successful Reject?

Lastly, perhaps the Rejects were created using the genetic data of the Mouth of Tchort, who predates the Rejects and the Institute entirely?

Or maybe it's none of the above! I suppose only the devs know.

Well, Styg posted a Pepe meme here a while back, so anything's possible.

EDIT: What's more, he posted that meme in the other siphoner man thread, so my bet's still on this all just being a hoax or dev in-joke.
or maybe the real siphoner man was inside us all along *inspiring jingle plays*

ya i was the one who made that thread, once I dont believe that it's just a meme. also if you go back and look at my post at the start of this thread, I aquired a picture from another player showing a human corps of a syphon. i dont think this person was meming though.