Author Topic: Bleed build: Tabi Boots vs Bladed  (Read 2446 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Bleed build: Tabi Boots vs Bladed
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:41:29 am »
For you spreadsheet types, I need some calculation help. I am doing a bleed build with Vile Weaponry and Taste for Blood, using as much bleed gear as posslble. Metal armor with serrated attachment, serrated knife and bear traps. Do you think it's more effective to add another source for bleed in the form of blade boots, or go with Tabi for the melee AP reduction? The Tabis also help with my impaired movement points, although I am not using Dodge or Evasion, but I lose out on one bleed source. The bladed boots give a small bonus to my Stealth from the padding, and one additional source of bleed.

I usually go with infused pig leather for the health and carry weight or fortitude. Since this is a melee build I may do Siphoner, not quite sure.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Bleed build: Tabi Boots vs Bladed
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 04:57:38 am »
Why use knife when fist weapons are better? The unique gloves like Ripper's Glove (three opportunities to create bleeding)  and Claw (additional damage multiplier source + bleed) are pretty good in damage department and if you use super steel armor + feat Armor Sloping, you would even qualify for Lightning Punches that will reduce you AP per punch by 2. It's possible to get AP per punch down to 4 with fists, but with knife it's 6 at best. And if you are crafting you gear than there almost no difference in damage, because it's easier to create higher quality leather with infusion than to find high quality steel plates

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 08:36:04 am »
IIRC correctly bladed boots only work with unarmed attacks, it doesn't include fist weapons or other melee implements.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 10:54:22 am »
Go for tabi boots if you plan to use knives. The melee boots only work with unarmed / fist weapons.

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out. It's obvious now that I read it. As for why I use knives, I wanted to try out Eviscerate. So far it's not been very useful,  unless you are up against one very tough opponent. By the time you stack enough bleeds for it to be useful, the enemy is going to die in a regular hit anyway.