Author Topic: Is the low activity here representative of sales?  (Read 2343 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Is the low activity here representative of sales?
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »
Underrail is one of my favorite games. I want to see a sequel, and for that it needs to have soles well. The existence of an expansion is a good sign, but I worry since this forum is pretty dead. How is it looking for another game?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Is the low activity here representative of sales?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 05:00:09 pm »
It's pretty dead because there is not much to talk about at the moment.

The game was released year and a half ago and a lot of stuff was already discussed during early access. The last development log was 2 months ago. There should be more discussion once Styg post a new development log and much, much more once the expansion comes out.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:58:36 pm »
Pretty much what Hal900x said. I think most people are waiting for the expansion to hit to get back into the game because of all the new stuff it will add.

As for the dev team, we're keeping our heads down for most part and working towards releasing the expansion as soon as we can.

The sales are doing decently and company is not in any danger for the moment, so don't worry about that.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 05:03:00 am »
Good to hear. A full year and a half, you say? I'm still playing obsessively. Best turn-based combat engine of the modern era. I'm on my...30th (?) play-through, roughly. Just finished a thought control + knife build, my favorite so far. Now on to a pure bleed build...vile weaponry + taste for blood with shock serrated knife, bear traps and metal armor with serrated attachments, plus bladed boots. And Stealth! It actually works with Nimble and Armor Sloping on TiChrome armor.

Fjodik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 09:52:18 am »
Hey Styg, can we expect a new devblog still in June? Pretty please :-)

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 11:54:26 pm »
Good to hear. A full year and a half, you say? I'm still playing obsessively. Best turn-based combat engine of the modern era. I'm on my...30th (?) play-through, roughly. Just finished a thought control + knife build, my favorite so far. Now on to a pure bleed build...vile weaponry + taste for blood with shock serrated knife, bear traps and metal armor with serrated attachments, plus bladed boots. And Stealth! It actually works with Nimble and Armor Sloping on TiChrome armor.

We are on the same boat, have a build reserved for expedition but haven't stopped from playing, I tried a stealth metal armor build but the armor penalty was very crippling for an agile character.

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 12:18:19 am »
I certainly hope their sales are doing well.

But @Hal900 I hope there is never a sequel. Sequels disjoint story-lines, and often create inconsistent experiences.

As for the dev team, we're keeping our heads down for most part and working towards releasing the expansion as soon as we can.

The sales are doing decently and company is not in any danger for the moment, so don't worry about that.

Glad to hear sales are doing decent! Thank you for creating a fantastic RPG experience. <3 I CANT WAIT FOR THE XPAC

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 02:24:19 am »
I certainly hope their sales are doing well.

But @Hal900 I hope there is never a sequel. Sequels disjoint story-lines, and often create inconsistent experiences.

Glad to hear sales are doing decent! Thank you for creating a fantastic RPG experience. <3 I CANT WAIT FOR THE XPAC
It ends on a cliffhanger with more questions than answers, so I'm looking forward to a sequel. That is, if it wasn't written "Lost" style, meaning made up as he went all along as most tv shows are

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 08:17:03 am »
It ends on a cliffhanger with more questions than answers, so I'm looking forward to a sequel. That is, if it wasn't written "Lost" style, meaning made up as he went all along as most tv shows are

Nothing that couldn't be done in another xpac? >_> maybe