Underrail > Bugs

Killed the 3 Tchortists at University on a whim ages ago, main quest broken?

(1/1)

ciox:
Roughly 50 hours of play earlier I decided to clean up the Tchortists I mentioned, nobody cared much, there weren't any messages telling me that was a bad thing, and their loot was great. Well, now I've discovered the sequence to get into the Institute and Deep Caverns is broken as Efreitor Denzil will emerge after the cutscene and everyone in the hall is hostile to him and shooting him to death before I can give him the Reaching Man. Riveting stuff.

Now I like this game a lot, it's my favorite release in many years, but this is pretty bad. The game so far lets you clean up entire cities if you want and suggests freedom and so on, but for some reason killing 3 nondescript masked guys can break the main quest without a word of warning, up to 50 hours of gameplay later. Please tell me there's a way around with at least a hack or something to reach Deep Caverns and complete the main quest on a character that already has 115 hours racked up going from what Steam says.

Styg:
Unfortunately, there's currently no way to get into the Institute except through Denzil. We're aware that this is a liability and will be adding another path in the future, but I cannot say when.

However, if some of the experienced cheaters on the forums can help you past the gate itself, you'll be able to continue the main story even though you're hostile to the Institute.

ciox:
Thanks for replying, in my opinion once Denzil is killed the gate should open if it is closed and all Tchortists should be hostile to you if they weren't already, this would be a very quick fix, that makes sense and doesn't need additional content to be made like a new entrance.

I'll have to look into hacks but I'm not very hopeful since it doesn't seem like a "teleport" hack exists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version