Author Topic: More satisfying Arena fights?  (Read 2196 times)

Heimdall

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
More satisfying Arena fights?
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:00:14 pm »
I long for more and harder arena fights  :D

Problem:
I killed most of the combatants unscathed (>85%) in the first round and I am not max level.

Possible Solution:
Let the enemies use
- a high-end armor or a high evasion / doge build and
- special ammo and
- shields and
- drugs and
- grenades.

All players should be able to loot the enemies after the fight. Otherwise melee/ mobile chars do get favored, because they are close enough to loot the body in the same turn.
An entrance/ exit would be nice instead of the teleport into/ out of the arena.
(The Coins may be good for Super Steel (melees get favored again), but unique equipment would be much more rewarding after a demanding battle.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:05:37 pm by Heimdall »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: More satisfying Arena fights?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:02:19 am »
All players should be able to loot the enemies after the fight.
I would love this.  As it is, when I do the Arena fights I end up making sure I save my stuns for near the very end so I can run up and kill+loot on the last combat turn.  If, when you went to talk to the guy who gives you your rewards, he also gave you the loot from the corpses, it would help the pacing of the fights feel a little more natural.

"Here's a box of stuff we pulled off the dead dudes.  No, there were no charons, and old Tweaker Dave promised that there was no adrenaline or morphine, either.  Honestly, we've got to stop letting Tweaker Dave do the cleanup.  That dude's track marks have track marks.  Anyway, good job on not being dead.  This time."

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:02:32 pm »
The game is not well orientated towards 1v1 fights. If we decide to make more content for the Area (an idea that has been tossed around a number of times) it will probably involve some other format.

I guess we could teleport the loot from the enemies to some loot chest outside the area that you can peruse after the fight.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 10:26:05 am »
Hint: if you kill an enemy with a DOT (i use capital 'O' in this acronym just like everyone is using capital 'P' in 'DPS') you'll have entire round to loot him.

Darthgrey

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 10:56:10 am »
It was impossible to loot somebody as a sniper, because 1st shot took almost all action points and enemy was far away.

P.S pls maka arena darker, with light only from flaming barrels and blood over walls and floor, not clean like a science lab)