Author Topic: Throwing Weapons and Shotgun Ammo  (Read 1114 times)

crossfirex

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Throwing Weapons and Shotgun Ammo
« on: June 02, 2017, 10:56:14 pm »
I was just wondering if there will ever be a throwing weapons expansion, as I love the grenades, and throwing knives option but kind of feel like it's lacking in places like throwing axes or javelins which feel like they'd be the higher damage option with a controlled hit instead of AOE grenades. Just for the people like me who like to make throwing their main weapon skill. And maybe even throwing stars or darts? Just because I like the ninja-ness of it. I understand if this were something the game devs don't plan to do, but if you don't then why not at least open up a branch of modding for adding weapons/armor variations based on current skills available? Seems like it would be a simpler option for things like these.

Also I wanted to say that I love the new spears, shotguns and machetes. The game really needed these!

Also are we going to see specially loaded shotgun shells? like EMP/high explosve or even dragonsbreath for a flamethrowing alternative. They seem like they would fit for a shotgun, since you can do them in real life. Although in real life they are pretty expensive, maybe you could reflect that in the game as well?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:00:40 pm by crossfirex »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Weapons and Shotgun Ammo
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »
I have plans for the throwing skill, but I'm afraid they will have to wait.

Shotguns won't feature such exotic ammo due to the pellet-number dynamics of the ammo. That is, making a shell with certain number of pellets a special one would likely make others obsolete.