Author Topic: Combat ends when enemies are incapacitated  (Read 1532 times)

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Combat ends when enemies are incapacitated
« on: June 06, 2017, 03:17:12 am »
Most visible when using Cryostasis on en enemy with several stacks of Chilled, for that long freeze duration, but may also work with crawler poison stun or flashbang incapacitation.  Doesn't seem to work on any 1-turn stun, or Electrokinetic Imprint/EMP stun.

Combat ends, and the countdown timer begins for starting combat manually.  Usually, the stun/stasis will wear off and then when the enemy gets free, combat will force start again, with new initiative rolls.  This can be a hassle, since most likely if you're dragging out a stun it's so that you can regen psi, get out of a trap/DoT, or let an item/skill cooldown period expire.  Sucks to have an enemy crack out of stun, roll a 15 on initiative, and throw two crits in your face when all you needed was one...more...turn (and would have gotten that turn under control if the combat didn't auto-end and forbid you from restarting it)

Concerned this may also be a problem with Stasis in the new psi school.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Combat ends when enemies are incapacitated
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:37:06 am »
Yeah, I get that.  The part that should be a bug is that combat is forced shut.  If it could be manually dropped so that you could enter realtime stealth, that would be great.  But there are valid reasons for wanting to stay in turn-based, only you don't have that option.  Sometimes ending combat ASAP isn't as effective a choice as letting it go a few more turns.

Premeditation/Adrenaline coming off cooldown in two turns, grenades on cooldown, you're in a net/acid trap and don't have infused siphoner tabis, incapacitated sledgehammer maniac with Second Wind ticking next to you has 3 hits worth of health and you've only got two hits worth of AP unless you can pop that adrenaline/premeditation for a third action.  Would be awful nice to let those two turns of incap go in turn-based so that you get to start a turn fresh and pop cooldowns, rather than let him wail on you with a sliver of health.

Haven't yet found a situation that I can't save scum through but that doesn't make it ideal.  If you're saying it's all WAI that's fine, then it's not a bug.  I don't have to like everything XD

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Combat ends when enemies are incapacitated
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 08:53:33 pm »
Yeah, that's unsuitable situations, happened not so rare as I want, still nothing gamebreaking.
I don't remember - I can't attack at all or just can't enter a combat?