Author Topic: "all weapons" include grenades?  (Read 2822 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
"all weapons" include grenades?
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:01:11 pm »
In feats, consumables, etc tooltips, does "all weapons" include thrown weapons like grenades and throwing knives? I'm trying out a pure throwing build and if the answer is yes, than I think I can get my grenades up to 52% crit chance at end game, which would be pretty strong.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: "all weapons" include grenades?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 10:37:04 pm »
Ugh, that sucks. So I guess Throwing really is only designed to be a support skill.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:37:16 am »
Well I did beat a hard game with the following throwing build.

I didn't know recklessness and survival instincts wouldn't work on throwing knives and grenades. You can take those out and get opportunist and vile weaponry instead.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 08:14:22 pm »
Yeah I'm doing a throwing playthrough as well, somewhat different build from yours. So far I've successfully Iron Man'd it on Hard to level 12. Not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 08:51:49 pm »
Well since you are a veteran of the game I don't mind spoiling things.

If you are a low CON, high AGI throwing build you might not be able to beat the final boss. The respawning Tchortlings are a huge problem; if you don't have enough health to tank the psi damage you'll be one-shot. On steam forum there's a guy who did fine until the end where he couldn't beat the boss.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 11:26:22 am »
Well since you are a veteran of the game I don't mind spoiling things.

If you are a low CON, high AGI throwing build you might not be able to beat the final boss. The respawning Tchortlings are a huge problem; if you don't have enough health to tank the psi damage you'll be one-shot. On steam forum there's a guy who did fine until the end where he couldn't beat the boss.

Starting CON is 6, augmented by Pig Leather to 7, plus Sturdy Vest for significant additional health. I've never had a real problem with the Tchorlings...I leave those areas after fighting one or two, if necessary. Also since I know how to get the feat I get it pretty early on. I'm playing multiple games simultaneously so it will be a little while until I find out how I fare there.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 10:27:39 pm »
The problem is in the final boss fight - Tchortling will constantly respawn and you can't leave.

The other problem is Tchort's insanely high mech resist and unlike melee build you don't have exposed weakness. This means a long drawn-out fight even if you use HE grenades.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:35:43 pm »
The problem is in the final boss fight - Tchortling will constantly respawn and you can't leave.

The other problem is Tchort's insanely high mech resist and unlike melee build you don't have exposed weakness. This means a long drawn-out fight even if you use HE grenades.

I see. Well, I do have throwing so I'll have grenades. Usually I kill Tchort pretty fast, but I see what you mean.