Author Topic: Is Ripper worth it? (only 3 Will)  (Read 2378 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Is Ripper worth it? (only 3 Will)
« on: May 16, 2017, 07:03:50 pm »
As this is my first Iron Man playthrough, I went with a very min/max build. It seems like Knives is the most efficient build stat-wise, so I pumped Dex and Agi to 10, Int 6 for Weaponsmith, and 5 Con. The rest are at 3. I just realized one of my favorite Feats for melee, Ripper, requires 5 Will. I've just gotten to level 8, and have a choice to make: keep pumping Dex, or start working on Will for Ripper. According to my calculations, even with Eel Sandwich the highest I can get my Dex to is 17, please correct me if I'm off. That will not push me over into 6AP, so 2 points into Will won't gimp me in that respect. However, those two points could also be spent on Con for more health, Dex for more crit chance, or Int. Is Ripper worth it, esp. when combined with Critical Power? I'm under the belief that Crit is the way to go with Knives.

One thing that affects my decision is whether Critical Power stacks with Ripper when active. Which is factored in first?

EDIT: I think I was looking at the wrong Column. 17 Dex (with Sandwich) just pushes you into 7AP. So maybe I will just have to live without Ripper. There are a ton of other good feats.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:17:09 pm by Hal900x »

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Is Ripper worth it? (only 3 Will)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 04:46:17 pm »
IMO I think you could replace it with Expose Weakness if you are not planning to use additional crit augmenters (Focus Stim, Recklessness), there you can ignore the feat without feeling underwhelmed by more armored foes. But still Ripper is still a good feat, I remember cutting like butter a Dreadnought with 5 critical hits in a row at half health. Critical Power + Cheap Shots also make it to cause ludicrous amounts of damage.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Is Ripper worth it? (only 3 Will)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:07:40 am »
IMO I think you could replace it with Expose Weakness if you are not planning to use additional crit augmenters (Focus Stim, Recklessness), there you can ignore the feat without feeling underwhelmed by more armored foes. But still Ripper is still a good feat, I remember cutting like butter a Dreadnought with 5 critical hits in a row at half health. Critical Power + Cheap Shots also make it to cause ludicrous amounts of damage.

Yeah the first time I ever played i took Cheap Shots and Critical Power, and steamrolled everything, but that was on easy with reloads. I put 6 into INT thinking I was going to go the crit route with Weaponsmith. But so far I'm just using "found" knives and thus haven't crafted anything. Even on Hard with no reloads (iron man), I'm still pretty much steamrolling everything. I think I'm just too good at this game now...need that expansion!