Author Topic: Strength to Intelligence Stat  (Read 17366 times)

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Strength to Intelligence Stat
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »
I'll make a new one stat, and attach it. Sorry about that, Reinhark.

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2017, 01:10:33 am »
Hi Reinhark,

I think I realize what the problem was with the first torrent. When creating it I selected the private tab. Made sure not to do that with the new one I uploaded awhile ago.

Thanks again,
Kilgore Trout

kzwix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 11:40:11 am »
Kilgore Trout, when you modified the file yourself, did you use a text editor (like Notepad, notepad ++, etc.), or a HEXADECIMAL editor ? (displaying series of two characters, like '8F 2C EA 87 A8' ?)

Because, if you used a TEXT editor, considering that the feat name had a NEWLINE character in it (and that the NEWLINE is treated differently whether you're on a MAC, Windows, or Linux system), that's likely your problem, here. So, I'd advise you to use a HEXADECIMAL editor instead, in order to change precisely the values to those needed.

The "NEWLINE" character is value 0A, and lower-case letters will be 61 (for 'a') to 7A (for 'z').

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 12:53:34 pm »
Hi kzwix,

Thanks for the reply. I've actually tried both methods. Text line editing (notepad++) and hexidecimal (HxD), but with little success.

However the new line character value escaped me. As soon as I get home I'll unpack the global file and try the hexidecimal editing again with the knowledge you have provided.

I'll keep you posted on my success (hopefully not failure :-p

Thanks once again for the post and info.

Kind regards,
Kilgore Trout

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »
Kilgore Trout, when you modified the file yourself, did you use a text editor (like Notepad, notepad ++, etc.), or a HEXADECIMAL editor ? (displaying series of two characters, like '8F 2C EA 87 A8' ?)

Because, if you used a TEXT editor, considering that the feat name had a NEWLINE character in it (and that the NEWLINE is treated differently whether you're on a MAC, Windows, or Linux system), that's likely your problem, here. So, I'd advise you to use a HEXADECIMAL editor instead, in order to change precisely the values to those needed.

The "NEWLINE" character is value 0A, and lower-case letters will be 61 (for 'a') to 7A (for 'z').

It probably wasn't the main issue, because when I modified the Kilgore's global.dat by myself it did not resolve the issue.

Very peculiar indeed.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »
Hi Reinhark,

Good to hear from you again. I've been trying different feats but no luck. Also tried installing an older version of the game, then create a new char and edit the global.dat file. But same results :-(

Were you able to download the whole savegame btw? Anyway friend, good to hear from you again.

Kind regards,
Kilgore

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 03:20:21 pm »
Hey guys,

Totally different question, but is it possible to "retro-spec/de-level" a current char? I suppose what I mean is, is it possible, for e.g. to take the char from 18 back to 10 (using cheat engine perhaps?). And then systematically (level-by-level) level up the char using cheat engine?

But this raises the question, if one were able to do this (retro-spec/de-level) would merely the level change or would stats, feats etc. retrospec as well?

Apologies in advance if it is a stupid question, just got off from a long shift, so I hope the above makes some sense.

Cheers,
Kilgore

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 03:02:20 am »
I was unable to download from both torrents because I could not get seed connections. Sorry.

De-leveling requires history of leveling. An old game, Neverwinter night had something like that. At level 1 -> 2, you leveled stat x,y,z and a feat.

I have not found any indication of the history of leveling within the save file for the UR. I assume that aside from total reset(which would be still be very difficult if possible), there are no other options.

Generally speaking, adding things are easy with cheating. Removing however requires effort.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 10:48:01 pm »
Kilgore Trout - try uploading your saves on MEGA

https://mega.nz/

It's free and easier to deal with than torrent.

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 02:39:04 am »
Hey Destroyor and Reinhark,

Firstly, sorry that I couldn't get the torrent right. I did not wish to waste your time Reinhark, so once again sorry about that. Destroyor, thanks for the info. I just created an account with mega.nz and uploaded the save game.

The next question is a silly one, I just wish to state that in advance, but now that I have uploaded it, how does someone get access to it? From what I can tell I need to have "contacts". I assume it works something similar to google cloud. Or am I mistaken?

Thanks once again for all the help and assistance.

Cheers guys,
Kilgore

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2017, 03:41:20 am »
Login to your MEGA account, look at the left of your screen and you should be on cloud drive. If not, click on the cloud icon on your left.

You should see a list of all the files you uploaded. Right clicked on the file you want - select "update link".

Click on "Link with key", it should now be orange. Copy and paste the link below and post it as is (including the red part) in order to share it with others.

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2017, 03:17:46 am »
Hi Destroyor and Reinhark,

My apologies for raking so long to do this. I had to take a brief sabbatical. I followed the instructions you provided, Destroyor and hope I did it correctly. Please let me know.

https://mega.nz/#!lDITVQqY!0Wj7cQC-zVLu2GrSmIfVh0TNkRQyxi9I3fEG_FcG_zc

Kilgore Trout

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
After an hour of testing, I must admit that I could not add the talent.

It seems that this particular bug only applies when attempting to add the critical power feat. Very odd. I replaced full auto with other feats and they will usually work. I can replace any feats you have with critical power and it will break.

Another bug that I have discovered is that feats that adds new ability, like premonition or dirty kick will break the character. cheat-added ability won't show up in the quick bar, rendering cheat useless.

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 01:19:22 am »
Dear Reinhark,

Thank you for all the effort it is appreciated. This is asking a lot, but can you perhaps remember what feats your replaced fullauto with that didn't cause a game failure?

Perhaps I can find a feat in there that I can still use with my build?

Thank once again, Reihark.

Kind regards,
Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2017, 01:37:31 am »
P.S

I was thinking maybe interloper if that is a possibility.

Cheers,
Kilgore