Underrail > General

Strength to Intelligence Stat

(1/10) > >>

Kilgore Trout:
Strength to Intelligence Stat

Hey guys, hope someone can help me with this. I was playing UR on a laptop with a crappy D-pad and ended up spending a point on strength instead of intelligence. This was a while ago however, didn't think it would mind at the time but I can feel the difference now. The other problem being I don't have an older save.

I read through some sources that it is possible to change stats with cheat engine, e.g. :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/494632768632577823/?l=french

and

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=18163

I've tried both of these with little success (perhaps total lack of coding or sleep deprivation). Essentially what I wish to do is I just want to move that one point from strength to intelligence. If anyone can provide me with some guidelines, assistance or an idiot's guide to solve this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Otsirk

reinhark:
Greetings. I am Reinhark, the great cheater.

Since it is real pain in the butt to actually edit the save file, I will just give you the cheat engine table.

Check your PM. Thank you.

Edit: Can't put attachments with PM. I will just post the CE table here, because cheat engine forum is mostly gone now. It is a VERY powerful table tool thingy, and you may ask me for instructions if you do not know how to use it.

Kilgore Trout:
Sir,

There are no word to express my gratitude, other than you are a god among men.

I shall try it now and if I have any problems, I shall ask thee for they help

Honestly, thank you so much!

Kind regards,
Otsirk

Kilgore Trout:
Dear Sir Reinhark,

My apologies for having to rely on your assistance so soon. I first boot Cheat Engine. Then, I proceed to open the table you have provided me with. When asked "Keep the current address list/code list" I select yes. Next, I proceed to boot UR and load my chosen save file.

From there, I go back to Cheat Engine and click on the computer icon with the magnifying glass and select UR as the process is wish to open. This is where things start to get confusing for me:

I chose to scan for the value of 5. Cheat engine returned with many results. Then at the bottom I selected (Activated) the "Ability score editor [Character Screen Only]" This then opened the subsections that listed all the abilities, however I am unable to select (activate) change any of the values.

I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge or skill with CE, but your sage assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kilgore Trout

reinhark:
RIGHT. I didn't expect to get to use them well for the first time.
This table automatically tracks the stat values for you. You don't need to actually scan for anything.

Here is the step by step process on how to use it:

1. Open UR, load your game. open your character screen where you can see your steos like str and dex.

2. Open the script I have uploaded above, and open UR in the process list.

3. Click checkmark on the left of "Ability score editor". the values of all the stats should display "??".

4. Alt tab back to UR, don't click anything. Hover your mouse through strength, Dex, and Agi in that order. Alt tab back to CE again.

5. CE's "Ability score editor" should display all the correct stats of your character abilities.
You can left click individual values -> Change record -> Value to edit your stats.

For this process you must edit the table values. NOT the "real" ones.

For example: If I want to increase my strength by one, I must go through step from 1 to 4. Let's assume my strength is 5.

After confirming that all the stats being displayed correctly, I left click the "Strength Table" value  -> Change record -> Value.
This will open small window where you are able to enter a number.(current strength value should be inside there, which is 5 for this example)

I change the number from 5 to 6.

This change should be instant. Go back to UR and check if the strength is really changed.

Hopefully this tutorial may help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version