Author Topic: Dev Log #52: Jet Skis  (Read 25728 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #52: Jet Skis
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 08:02:44 am »
I may be late to the party, but MAN. I did NOT expect that. Nicely done, way to go. Looking forward to it.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Karen2

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 06:40:46 am »
Will the expansion be save compatible ?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 08:01:35 pm »
Will the expansion be save compatible ?

Yes, you will be able to load your non-expansion save once you've installed the expansion.

kpoxo6op

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 12:14:27 am »
wow, haven't been here for a few months, mind's blown! Amazing stuff

Waladil

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 05:07:16 am »
There's a bar tha shows it. And if you run out of energy, your jet ski will still be able to move, just very slowly (think: some auxiliary low power ultra-long life battery that they all have installed), so you won't ever get stuck for that reason.

I wonder if there's some implement that could be used to propel a floating watercraft. Some form of, I dunno, wooden stick that can kinda pull you along by pushing at the water. You'd have to ask a sailor, I don't speak boat.
(Seriously though I would laugh my butt off if there was a message or tooltip when you're out of fuel that read something to the tune of "Well shit, all out of gas. Better start paddling...")

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 10:14:48 pm »
We can find at least two oddities in game, which are [ur=lhttp://underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Periscope_Part]Periscope Part[/url] - I'm sure that it mostly a joke and didn't meant anythong like that, but can we see or find something like submarine?
It seems to be very logical for expansion.
I was always thrilled to see in games content about see, water, and underwater exploration - I remember level with submarine in Thief 2 like it was yesterday, or Ocean Lab in Deus Ex - it is my favorite in that game. Also moments when you can find something at the bottom of a lake or river in Morrowind or Scyrim is only why I played those. Maybe it is many pirate stories I read in childhood, the atmosphere of mystery which are an integral part of the adventure at sea, somewhere on a lost island.

Anyway, do we have a chance we will get something like this? Maybe it would be just hint in the end, that would lead as to another adventure in next expansion.  :)
Something like that mystery ship in Arcanum, that looked like fish if I remeber it right.
Just something - rusted half-visible hulk of the submarine.
Say maybe!

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2018, 07:52:52 am »
I was soo hyped with Jet Skis i didn't notice those new crossbow bolts!

Pink poison. I bet it works like a charm.

krippletoe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2018, 03:29:30 pm »
I would be willing to put money down that you are right about the charm bolts.

I am anxiously awaiting information about the feats associated with the new weapon types

We did get a teaser in the Specialization and Veteran Level Changes dev log.

Decapitate - has to be associated with machetes (a machete ability that does X amount of additional damage and decapitates the individual if % total of damage is done?)
Onslaught - also guessing machetes (perhaps a machete/knife ability that does extra damage after the xth consecutive hit similar to combo)
Riposte - guessing spear (extra attack if incoming damage is successfully blocked)

ent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 10:11:45 pm »
Thats good to hear. I'm pretty sure most sniper and sledgehammer builds tend to focus on those weapons specifically (snipers might have a sidearm but that tends to be an emergency option) so allowing them use on the skis will probably a big relief. Are there any penalties or bonuses based on weapon types?

Godharvest

• Probably not a Spambot
  • United Station's Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2019, 04:43:03 pm »
While riding a jet ski you'll be able to use most of your weapons, abilites and utilities. The most notable exceptions are sledgehammers and sniper rifles, which are not available while driving.

Breaking news for all the disappointed hammerers and snipers: You will be able to use your favorite weapons in naval combat!

I CAN SWING MY HAMMER WHILE RIDING ON THE BACK OF A MECHANICAL JET SKI KILLING MACHINE ;O
Dreams do come true...
I can finally live out my fantacy's as Deacon from waterworld ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:44:51 pm by Godharvest »
Andrew Tyler Egizi

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2019, 09:47:35 pm »
Thats good to hear. I'm pretty sure most sniper and sledgehammer builds tend to focus on those weapons specifically (snipers might have a sidearm but that tends to be an emergency option) so allowing them use on the skis will probably a big relief. Are there any penalties or bonuses based on weapon types?
Well, it's rather complex. Stability influences precision of all weapons, but more so the ranged ones. Maneuverability affects precision of only melee weapons. Knives, fist weapons and unarmed attacks are further penalized. Jet ski speed grants bonus damage to melee weapons. There's also a couple of feats that can alleviate some of these penalties or grants certain bonuses. You'll find that out by yourself.