Author Topic: GMS Expedition  (Read 1519 times)

Makados

• Noob
    • View Profile
GMS Expedition
« on: April 22, 2017, 02:02:37 pm »
Hi! I'm new to this game. Just got it a few days ago. I've been restarting the game seven times to find the most suitable build for a newbie. I find this game has a very steep learning curve. It forced me to start a new game if you don't have a proper char build. I tried the glass canon monk build to a pretty decent success (up to junkyard, depot A). I'm now on my play through with Crossbow guy build from Wildan and at GMS Expedition quest line, just entered the hatch and there were two raiders and an old man. I accidentally killed the old man with my trap. My question is will it affect my quest line or I can go just slaughter everyone in there, raiders and hostages? Since the hostages yield a pretty decent xp.

Eisen

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: GMS Expedition
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »
No, you can solve that quest normally. There is however a prisoner/hostage situation going on at that level that the old man asks you to solve and I'm not sure if you still get the exp point for freeing the hostages

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 05:23:03 pm »
Killing hostages will in no way prevent you from finishing quest.

In general i would say that crossbow as well as most glass cannon builds aren't well suited for inexperienced players. I would recommend something more sturdy and with less obvious flaws, like crossbow's lack of ability to deal with mechanical resistance.

kzwix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 12:16:09 pm »
I'm doing a crafter/crossbow build, as my first try. I'm playing with Oddity.

Honestly, yes, the big armored bots/turrets *were* a pain, at start. Because I did only minimal damage, if at all, with basic weaponry. However, the shock bolts really were my lifesaver, there. Not only do they disable the target, but they're cheaper than EMP, like, a lot cheaper, and easier to craft, too.

So, yes, I tried sneaking around floor 2 for some time, with no success (turns out stealth gear doesn't help much if you have no stealth skill - I only managed to fool some pigs, never anything else), and, when I got fed up of having to reload or flee, leaking from a dozen holes, to get patched by SGS doctors, I started blasting everything to pieces with grenades and shock bolts.

Worked like a charm :)

Also, now, with higher-tier crossbows, which I craft with scope and reloader (to have two shots per turn), I do enough damage even with regular bolts to see those pesky mechanical enemies drop by a significant fraction of their health (usually, it takes 2 to 4 hits for a sentry bot, and more for a turret - but, for those, I tend to lamely take cover out of sight, and wait for the shock bolt cooldown to expire. In fact, that's what I did when needed, against sentry bots: paralyze them, then hide if possible, wait, rinse and repeat. And if I lacked the AP, or got stunned, or whatever (and survived until I got another round), then I would use health hypo, maybe even adrenalin, etc.