Author Topic: List of questions for devs  (Read 1812 times)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
List of questions for devs
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:37:41 pm »
  • Does heavy punch work on pneumatic strike from combat gloves?
  • What's the actual chance of setting a target on fire from Pyromaniac? Is it a fixed %, based on effective Metathermics skill or something else?
  • Would like to confirm if additional stealth damage for snipe is based on effective or base stealth skill point. Ditto for ambush.
  • Would like to confirm if it's base or effective total armor penalty being added as critical damage bonus for Heavyweight. Is this bonus display correctly on the combat stat screen?
  • Will you implement an indicator on the cursor for ambush?
  • Will you update the combat stat screen to indicate critical chance and bonus for grenades and throwing knives?
Thanks in advance.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: List of questions for devs
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 06:42:44 am »
And additional question about Heavyweight. Is it intended that this bonus doesn't work with Critical Power feat or is it a bug?

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 06:14:35 pm »
  • Does heavy punch work on pneumatic strike from combat gloves?
  • What's the actual chance of setting a target on fire from Pyromaniac? Is it a fixed %, based on effective Metathermics skill or something else?
  • Would like to confirm if additional stealth damage for snipe is based on effective or base stealth skill point. Ditto for ambush.
  • Would like to confirm if it's base or effective total armor penalty being added as critical damage bonus for Heavyweight. Is this bonus display correctly on the combat stat screen?
  • Will you implement an indicator on the cursor for ambush?
  • Will you update the combat stat screen to indicate critical chance and bonus for grenades and throwing knives?
Thanks in advance.

1. Yes
2. Pyrokinesis and Thermodynamic Desestabilization 50% and Pyrokinetic Stream 20%. The values are fixed, only damage is increased.
3. Snipe should take in account effective skill points, the same for Ambush.
4. I'm planning a sledgehammer tin can playthrought for Expedition, can't confirm this one but Heavyweight should take your general armor penalty (armor suit, boots, metal helmet) to the critical damage bonus.

@MirddinEmris

Heavyweight and Critical Power *should* synergize, if not then it is definitely a bug.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 11:16:28 pm »
Thanks for the answers Yonaiker. Did you determine the % by testing or look at the code of the game or?

Still would like a dev to give some official answer as I'm thinking of adding a feat explanation section in my guide.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:11:16 am »
The values appear on the skill description, they always refresh when the value is changed by any means (leveling up, food, gear, etc.)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 01:52:10 am »
O_O ... I didn't realize chances are right there on the skill description. I have shit ton of hours on this game too.

The weird thing is, I was able to set enemy on fire using Thermodynamic Desestabilization without Pyromaniac.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 04:41:07 pm »
Yeah, that is something I have seen too, I thought it was intended but likely a small glitch.