Author Topic: Possible to do a non-lethal "Free Maura" without speech skills?  (Read 3102 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
First off: with such a great game, how is the Wiki not full of detail? It's surprising and frustrating given how awesome this game is. I can't believe there aren't a bunch of pros willing to flesh it out.

Anyway, the question is the title. I'm high Stealth, so got the keys no problem. Also have all the vents open. Talked to her, and there are no triggers for her to come along with me. So there is still another step. Since I have the prison key, maybe I could enter from the Embassy...but I'm assuming I'd need Persuasion/Intimidation.

I guess Maura, in spite of being a highly trained elite freedom fighter, is also morbidly obese. Otherwise she could leave via the vent with me.

ccsonic

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to do a non-lethal "Free Maura" without speech skills?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:09:50 am »
So, after you also lockpicked the cell door of her, I think you can just talk to her and tell her to escape using the vents. If I remember correctly that was how I did the quest.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:59:51 pm »
First off: with such a great game, how is the Wiki not full of detail? It's surprising and frustrating given how awesome this game is. I can't believe there aren't a bunch of pros willing to flesh it out.
You need to register on the wiki to edit articles, and for that you need to ask Epeli/Styg for permission which makes it a hassle for most people (not me, I have other reasons, mostly that I simply don't have enough time to write good articles and don't want to make half-assed ones instead).

It's unfortunate but needed to prevent bots from spamming the articles with garbage. For some reason bots really like spamming in the Underrail forums and wiki. Maybe I will register and write something eventually. Maybe.

I'm high Stealth, so got the keys no problem. Also have all the vents open. Talked to her, and there are no triggers for her to come along with me.
That's strange. There should be an option to tell her to use the vents when you open her cell. Sounds like a bug but then I never had a bug during this quest. Try to reload an eariler save, maybe? Talk to her again?

I guess Maura, in spite of being a highly trained elite freedom fighter, is also morbidly obese.
Free Drones are anything but highly trained, the vast majority at least. If she was highly trained she wouldn't get caught in the first place, would she?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:02:37 pm by Tygrende »

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:47:24 pm »
Yeah I had forgotten about the wiki situation. I mean I kind of get it: I was a regular on rpgcodex when Styx made his first post, proposing to do a dystopian turn based game set underground...he posted some great art with awful character sprites in the tradition of cutesy japanime toons. So I realize there is minimal manpower. But with the success and scope of the game, there really isn't any excuse for the state of the wiki. Many other sites suffer from similar issues. It can be dealt with, with effort, but unfortunately it seems to be a very low priority. Deep information is such a huge part of these types of games, for a lot of us. :(

I ended up reloading the area and it worked just fine. One in a million, or maybe I was just missing something.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 10:06:31 pm »
But with the success and scope of the game, there really isn't any excuse for the state of the wiki
The bots are still at large and the wiki articles are being written by the community, not devs. Devs are already busy making the expansion. I'm fairly sure the vast majority of wiki articles are Epeli's work so it's actually in a pretty good state if you account for that. Seems most folks just don't have enough motivation/time to write articles, hard to blame them/us.

You can always ask Epeli/Styg for an account if you want to help.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 10:06:01 am »
...he posted some great art with awful character sprites in the tradition of cutesy japanime toons...
What?

ccsonic

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 01:12:50 pm »
Actually I think the wiki here offers great information and details.
Maybe I'm not 100% sure of everything all the time concerning character builds or itemization stuff. But in my opinion the quest areas are very informative.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 12:31:56 am »
...he posted some great art with awful character sprites in the tradition of cutesy japanime toons...
What?

Styg...am I tripping? That's what I remember. You had some of the environments models, and some placeholder character sprites. And those placeholder sprites, at least to me, looked japanese influenced. Hrrrm...let me go look.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 06:39:59 am »
First off: with such a great game, how is the Wiki not full of detail?

Really, the core issue is the convoluted registration. We don't have that many editors and nobody bothers to register because they'd have to personally ask somebody for an account - what a hassle. Until Styg finds the time and motivation to work on his website, we'll be stuck with this situation. :(

So let me or Styg know if you'd like a wiki account. Believe me, we'd be happy to have more (potential) contributors!

Thank you, yes I would like to be "part of the solution". I'll put my time where my mouth is and do some edits. I found a couple errors so I'll start there.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 02:17:47 pm »
I just don't feel I have language skills that good enough for that task.

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 11:01:30 pm »
I also wouldn't mind an account. I don't have any particular stuff to add at the moment, but I've had tons of encounters with the wiki earlier where I feel like I could have fleshed out an article. I've just been too lazy to ask for an account earlier. So if you read this and setting me up with an account isn't too stressful, go for it.