Author Topic: Kidnap Sarine (Spoiler)  (Read 4556 times)

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Kidnap Sarine (Spoiler)
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:21:48 pm »
Hello,

I would like to have some precision on the kidnapping because now most of camp is red and aggressive. I shot her a tranquilizing bolt and then stealth her out of the camp. It looked successful even if strength was low (3). The husband showed up and was killed, then, the rathound king is killed, but I cannot go back to the camp to collect a reward... Shall I free Sarine and then the camp will come back to peace? (I do not have enough lockpicking to test and would like to be sure before investing in the skill)

According to the story and your experience, is it normal that the camp became hostile?

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Kidnap Sarine (Spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 07:46:20 am »
Hello,

I would like to have some precision on the kidnapping because now most of camp is red and aggressive. I shot her a tranquilizing bolt and then stealth her out of the camp. It looked successful even if strength was low (3). The husband showed up and was killed, then, the rathound king is killed, but I cannot go back to the camp to collect a reward... Shall I free Sarine and then the camp will come back to peace? (I do not have enough lockpicking to test and would like to be sure before investing in the skill)

According to the story and your experience, is it normal that the camp became hostile?

Well, yes, of course. If you kidnap a girl to offer to the Camp's mortal enemy, they aren't going to be too happy about it! So if you choose to kidnap her, from then on Hathor will be hostile. It's unfortunate that the "evil" method doesn't give as many rewards as making peace or killing King. You miss out on a melee Feat and/or a nice Xbow. There should be a genuine "evil" playthrough in Underrail but there isn't really, if you want maximum reward.

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:28:12 am »
The wiki mentioned that you can kidnap her and still finish rathound king quest. The path indicated is to lure her out of the village and then inpacitate her. But when you do in the house there is a stealth check that confuses me that you can do it from inside. Weird thing is that first guards are friendly from south entrances but not main camp part... so no hunter feat for crossbow build...

Shoutaxeror

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:54:56 am »
Don't wear the rathound regalia once back in camp Hathor!
Well I made this mistake and was wondering what I did wrong. Hope this will help.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 06:46:56 am »
The wiki mentioned that you can kidnap her and still finish rathound king quest. The path indicated is to lure her out of the village and then inpacitate her. But when you do in the house there is a stealth check that confuses me that you can do it from inside. Weird thing is that first guards are friendly from south entrances but not main camp part... so no hunter feat for crossbow build...

The wiki page isn't very clear. You can technically complete Kill the Rathound King after kidnapping Sarine, yes...the wiki suggests allowing the boyfriend and the hunters to attack him, while you hide or run away, to whittle down his health so you can return and kill him more easily. However, the camp will still be hostile afterwards. Regardless of how you stun Sarine, the camp will be hostile. Also, the wiki does not mention that you can simply stun her in her home via taser, flashbang etc, and which point you will automatically be transported to the King's lair with her (close her door before doing so). I believe there is an automatic stealth check for this option, but not sure as the game gives no feedback here.

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 08:43:09 pm »
I confirm the stealth check for taking her out straight from her home. Doing so and killing the king will not complete the quest as it  is still appearing in the journal. It seems there is a way to do both as the person who wrote the quest description on the wiki has succeded to do so. np save so not able to reset this quest... I suspect that it is necessary to lure her out of the camp and then stun her. That might be the option for not turning the village hostile.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 07:11:14 am »
I confirm the stealth check for taking her out straight from her home. Doing so and killing the king will not complete the quest as it  is still appearing in the journal. It seems there is a way to do both as the person who wrote the quest description on the wiki has succeded to do so. np save so not able to reset this quest... I suspect that it is necessary to lure her out of the camp and then stun her. That might be the option for not turning the village hostile.

Well, what exactly do you mean by "completing the quest"? I suspect you can mark it complete in the journal/notebook, but not get your reward for it since everyone is then hostile. Hope that makes sense. I could certainly be wrong, but it's possible the wiki editor was being technically correct, just not quite the way you are thinking?

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 08:13:08 am »
The quest is not  completed as it is still appearing in the journal. It is tricky as kidnapping Sarine does bring nothing in fact only losses (no city access, no workbench, no feat)...

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:32:58 pm »
This is what I did in one of my plays:

Unlock and open cave hopper cage without alerting anyone
Tell Sarine hopper escaped
Follow her until she stops, stun w/ Taser without alerting anyone
Take Sarine to Rathound King
Kill everyone including Rathound King and Sarine

Go back to camp to collect your reward - camp stays friendly and I get to keep two copies of Rathound Regalia.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 04:17:10 am »
Unlock and open cave hopper cage without alerting anyone
:D so that's what it for.
Was added in one of the last updates?

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 06:50:03 am »
Thanks for confirming Destroyor, I ll try it in a next palythrough. I think that stealth check is not working as intended or very misleading.