Author Topic: End game experience  (Read 2897 times)

Fjodik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
End game experience
« on: March 20, 2017, 03:27:25 pm »
Hi all,
I would like to ask you guys what is the current mid and especially end game experience with Underrail as I have read in couple of places that especially DC is very frustrating area with often respawns and other stuff which makes me nervous little bit (I know that Styg made some changes in previous patches which should have solved these problems at least to a certain degree). I must confess that I have not started my real playthrough yet as I am waiting for expansion. However, I have already started like ten times just to create a new character and do the first mission with outposts. The good thing is that I do not remember any other game in the past couple of years where I had a such enjoyable experience making me start the game couple of times and play the first hours again and again.

I would be very happy if someone on this forum could give me some feedback. In all cases I am buying the expansion as soon as it comes :-)

Thank you all.

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: End game experience
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:17:04 pm »
You will be heading into a hostile territory and you should prepare accordingly. The game WILL try to kill you.
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal with DC is unless you head out with no ammo/meds and forget your gear.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:28:27 pm »
Well, right now it's not as bad, there are more clues about what to do and where to go, respawn rates were nerfed as were some enemies. Backtracking is still there, though to a lesser degree, but it exists throughout the game, so if you are enjoying it right now, you'll be fine i think.

Many things will depend on your build of course (mostly on how OP it is, what weapon you are using and wherever you are stealthy). If you are using gun, i would recommend packing a lot of W2C ammo. You'll need it.

That being said, DC also provides a lot of info about setting's history and some people, if you like that. Also it's prettier)

So, don't be anxious, just craft best gear you can, stack up on ammo, meds and other consumables and go forth. If you are having trouble, you can always ask for help on forums and read wiki)

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19:44 pm »
I played in May last year, so I don't know what changes were made since then. I was frustrated at the beginning of DC because (1) I did not know you can't get health there (my character had practically NO crafting status so I could not generate any) and (2) I was sent there a little bit by surprise - can't remember any warning about a no return in the game AND I did not want to play again a large piece since a previous game . The I was upset, and frustrated... until I could guess how to overcome or play the many nasty enemies. However, the good thing is that I was friend with both the Tchortists and the Faceless - this helps a lot. For two things only, I had to look at a solution. After overcoming all these, I gave a 5 star rating to the game, because this is exactly what I am looking for : a challenge that can be overcome.

Go for the real play now!

Suno

Fjodik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 02:44:11 pm »
Thanks guys, now I am even more excited for expansion. Hopefully, Styg will give us some more updates soon :-)

Cmdr. DuctTape

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Commander on deck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 01:08:35 pm »
Just thought I'll mention that in DC, you can avoid 99% of the respawning enemies if you are quick enough, and know how the respawn system works. (I only had to kill 2 or 3 of those enemies, and they weren't that difficult either.) And if you are friends with the faceless and the tchortists, and you did Leo's quest, DC will be a relatively "plesant" experience.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:11:07 pm by player9254 »

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 07:48:18 am »
The one thing that really angers me about the design of DC is you lose access to your crafting house. So basically all the parts and loot in DC is useless, since everyone gears up for endgame before descending. Why dev chose to place entire warehouses full of crafting parts down there is a mystery. It serves to frustrate and that's about it.

STEN

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 05:04:38 pm »
There's problem with DC - it's much  harder than rest of the gameworld, it's really impossible to prepare to it on first playthrough. Some character builds which can handle well all what underrail got, can't survive in DC.

NEvercalled

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 12:24:54 am »
well. it depends on build mostly. I think that some info should be given at the first screen with skills/attributes that you can have more than 10 points in one attribute.

stealthy builds are too easy imo.

money - as long as you don`t play a tin can there is no money sink in this game what i dislike.

First quests should have better navigation/directions. Catching rabbits is too difficult for plenty of builds - i think it should be possible to omit this.