Underrail > General

(spoilers) Failed one of Jack's quests

(1/1)

Cmdr. DuctTape:
So, it turns out that busting out Todor from the Foundry prison was NOT the correct way to finish the quest. :( However, it took me a BIT too long to figure this out (5 hours), since I thought I'll have to wait for a while for Jack to contact me, and I completed quite a few quests while waiting for him. And when I came back to core city, he already left.

So, my question is: Is there a way for me to get Jack to appear again, and "complete" that quest, or do I have to reload a save that I made before I attempted to bust Todor out?

12:
Nope, you must exonerate him if you  want to continue working for Jack.

Cmdr. DuctTape:
Welp. Time to redo the whole foundry questline! .-.

Altos:
I've always felt that this should be considered another way to "optimally" finish the quest. I know violent jailbreak isn't exactly part of the official Oculus Handbook, but at least the jailbreak option doesn't necessitate that the player has already either killed the Beast or developed high enough Persuasion to talk cheese away from a mouse.

Making jailbreak an alternative "optimal" way to finish the quest would save newer players--and those less diplomatically inclined--a lot of frustration and many hours of their life. Also, I think it would make them appreciate the game more, by seeing it as something less strictly linear than it is now.

If the jailbreak option is to remain a red herring of sorts, then please clarify this more to the player. As it is now, I do not feel enough in-game emphasis is put onto the fact that breaking the Agent out of jail will strictly prevent the player from going further with the Oculus questline.

But maybe it's just me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version