Underrail > General

Dialogue file reader

(1/4) > >>

reinhark:
If some feature doesn't work or some line isn't detected, please post the dialogue file's name, and line that isn't detected below. thank you.

Hello. This is Reinhark.

For whatever reason I have created a .jar file for reading dialogue files.

This also collects lots of other nonsense mumbo-jumbo. But it still works like 50% of the time, but I think copy-paste feature, as well as not having to look at garbled txt file is worth it.

I hope this assist you in lore digging, translating and etc.

== How to use ==
Open .jar file.

Open the dialogue file in underrail. It is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Underrail\Data\Dialogs\Characters" for steam.
(making shortcut of this location in "my documents" is recommended.)

Press "Next dialogue" button to see if the file has been completely read and has next(if any) dialogue.

This file is extensively meant to be used as dialogue and interactable file reader. it won't work much with any other files.

[Display types](1.1.0 and onward)
Filtered(default): It is filtered "Raw" dialogue.
Player character response: It is your response.
Raw : Raw read of NPC dialogues. May contain nonsense.

[Save detected dialogue](1.1.3 and onward)
It will be saced as a text file named "[filename]_Cut_Dialogue.txt" where [filename] is same as the dialogue file you open.
It will be saved
Hopefully this will make reading and finding certain dialogue(with text editor ctrl+f) easier.

[Recent change log]
[1.1.3]
Accuracy ~90%? (Just waiting for future bugs to knock down this number a notch)
Fixed the error: dialogues being ignored if NPC has lots of things to say, like core city barkeep.(thank you 12 for bring attention to this issue)
Button that allows skip 5 dialogues per click added.(thank you again 12)
Now has saving function to save detected dialogue en mass.

[1.1.0]
Accuracy ~70%? (now it works properly)
Now it can read interactable files.
Now it can display the character response.
Set filtered dialogue display as default, since filtering is deemed perfected.

[Current known issues]
Short character response(shorter than 5 characters) will be ignored and cuase further problems. This is part of the design.

snake2243:
hey thanks for the file man, sweet!

12:
It also works for other .udlg files such as computer consoles though many lines are missing.

reinhark:

--- Quote from: 12 on March 19, 2017, 09:02:09 pm ---It also works for other .udlg files such as computer consoles though many lines are missing.

--- End quote ---

Reading of the "Intractable" ones like computer consoles are something I want to add in the future. But for now, ineradicable display itself is quiet different from the dialogue files.
I do have solution in mind, but this will require me to rewrite majority of the file. This will take some time.

I will update thread when it becomes available.

reinhark:
Updated, now it may read intractable object files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version