Author Topic: Morphine use resulting in death during a cutscene causes immortality?  (Read 2467 times)

Trundel

• Noob
    • View Profile
Hi there, I registered because this was so weird.

During the sequence when you are trying to hold off the Faceless while waiting for the elevator to the Deep Caverns in the Institute of Tchort, I had my character take Morphine to survive the last round of combat before I could activate the elevator. As soon as I activated the elevator, and the scene of it descending loaded, my character died from the aftereffects of the morphine. I let the game run until the elevator stopped and an autosave was created. When I loaded that last save my character was at 0 hit points, they could not be healed but have taken no damage from any source that I can find, can walk but when they stop they assume the death position, psi points regenerate, and  they can otherwise engage in combat, talk and use all abilities as normal.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:22:32 am by Trundel »

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Morphine use resulting in death during a cutscene causes immortality?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 08:04:53 am »
If you still have it could you share the save?

Sounds hilarious to mess around with

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Morphine use resulting in death during a cutscene causes immortality?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 11:17:27 am »
Simply hilarious.

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Had this in the back of my mind for a while and finally decided to try and replicate it
While I didn't completely succeed I was able to recreate the immortality on yer back aspect

I took morphine and walked into the tile that automatically creates the DC save
Had a hard time with the timing as I had to walk into it as soon as the after effect of the morphine kicked in to assure the save was created after my character had croaked

Reloaded and had about 2 seconds of free will before the game would crash
In those free 2 seconds I ran back to the elevator and the game seems stable unless of course you leave
Upon leaving the room I think the "game over" flag raises but no menu selection appears resulting with the screen slightly dimming and being left with no option but to reload

The save for those interested
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ds6krqe1xb9l0aq/AABQ7aHSaJ6utxmPaLV_IF1_a?dl=0

For some reason cheating death immensely damaged the durability of all my gear
Even the unequipped stuff - weird
Wish the puddle of blood pooled up everywhere ya went  ;D

I'll keep tinkering but for now this is my initial success

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
This is really easy to do it turns out

Went to the left most corner out of sight of the Faceless and used bear traps to inflict self harm
Popped a morphine -> entered stealth -> walked towards the elevator controls -> entered combat before the Faceless spotted me and operated the controls

You die and the death menu opens but the cutscene plays out along with the area transition and if you spam quick save during the transition the save goes through before the death menu reappears

Then load the save to surpass death

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mpj41exglc743am/AAA7XqKN8Sql2pBCoobjupy6a?dl=0

UnderRail is a very easy game with no challenge  :P

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Invincibility can be had with Sergio the Wizard as well
I'm willing to bet this can work with any cutscene that includes a scene transition of the player character

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Successful with the SGS council meeting to discuss the Junkyard too
Earliest one I  could think of

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Item duplication aside this was a rather morbid experience

For some reason entering the third floor of SGS would trigger the death flag ending the run but using the elevator to go to another floor and coming back before the trigger kicked in resulted in the above
Probably occurs in other areas as well without a form to bypass it such as this one

It turns out you can't reload guns in this state so a melee character would be most effective for this sorta thing

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Will take a look at it.

Thanks for the report.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Fixed for the next update.