Author Topic: Shops and crafting  (Read 1139 times)

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Shops and crafting
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:50:54 pm »
Hello everyone,

After playing Underrail through twice I came to bunch of problems mainly in form of supply from the shops for crafting. Even tho crafting is rewarding it requires out of character knowledge about shops to utilize it to the best potential and if you fully focus on it you hardly ever find materials that can utilize your potential. Few suggestion come to mind:

Increase maximum quality for most shops:

SGS - 100
Junkyard - 120
Core city - 140
Foundry - 130, metal 160
Oculus - 170

Also increase in quality should increase the price in non-linear fashion. Either use some logarithmic base (every 40 quality doubles the price?) Or each quality increase should increase a bit more than previous (Quality 10 costs 100, 11 costs 111, 12 costs 123 etc ...)

These chages would
A. Make money relevant on higher levels for crafter
B. Make full high int crafters actually feel they invested into something that can give them a real edge.

P.S.: Dan is the best character! Cookie for whoever wrote him!

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Shops and crafting
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 12:29:23 am »
I actually would like to see high quality component as quest reward.

Ideally it should be for mid ~ late game. Another perfect spot for this would be the end game area, if you ally w/ a certain faction they should offer you a high quality component of your choice instead of the meh ammo and meds.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Shops and crafting
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 05:26:08 am »
I actually would like to see high quality component as quest reward.

Ideally it should be for mid ~ late game. Another perfect spot for this would be the end game area, if you ally w/ a certain faction they should offer you a high quality component of your choice instead of the meh ammo and meds.

High quality components as quest reward would be indeed better option. Because right now it's kinda like this "Oh. They gave an assault rifle. Cool. Except i just took 3 better ones from guys i had to kill as part of the quest".