Author Topic: "Strange Tremors" quest has disappeared  (Read 1524 times)

sludge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
"Strange Tremors" quest has disappeared
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:18:36 pm »
I'm working through the Tchortist quests and got to the tremors after talking to Eidein. I checked the west wing without asking the physics lab, talked to Six, and looked all over the place. No faceless. And the quest is no longer listed. So I'm totally stuck. Anyone else encounter this problem?

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: "Strange Tremors" quest has disappeared
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 02:25:50 pm »
The Faceless should appear as soon as the quest starts, which happens when the tremors cutscene in Eidein's office occurs; it is not necessary to visit the lab. Also, there is no way (as far as I know) for a quest to disappear. Maybe you didn't receive it at all. Did the cutscene and the dialogue afterwards play out properly? If you still have the save I could take a look at it.

sludge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:36:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I distinctly remember seeing the cutscene and receiving the quest, and then suddenly it was gone. I do have a save. Can I email it to you?

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 10:44:56 pm »
Preferably you could upload it to Google Drive/Dropbox or similar and post the link, but you could email it to me (check the icon under my avatar) as well if you'd like and the save is not too large (I think Google has a 25MB limit on attached files).

sludge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 02:47:51 pm »
I loaded the save you sent me and... it's as though you didn't talk to Eidein at all. So I went to his office, talked to him and everything ran smoothly from there. I'm killing them Faceless right now. :D Tested on both debug and release versions.

Pardon my question, but could it be that you forgot to save or accidentally hit a quick load instead of a quick save? Or maybe it's something else entirely. In any case, unless I am missing something, you can simply continue playing the game with this save.

sludge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 04:28:03 pm »
That's bizarre. I didn't die at any point around that time so I can't see how I could have reloaded a previous save, but yeah that seems like the only explanation. Thanks for checking it out!

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 05:39:37 pm »
No problem. :) Enjoy.