Author Topic: Max required crafting skills for end-game loot?  (Read 13622 times)

Spencer_Ruler

• Noob
    • View Profile
Max required crafting skills for end-game loot?
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:11 am »
I was wondering, keeping into account the added crafting complexity of extra materials, if I want to make a crafting focused character what should I be expecting the highest level skill requirement to be for each science skill? Is there any "hard cap" where any further skill point would be wasted (like the 135 skill cap for lockpicking/hacking).

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Max required crafting skills for end-game loot?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 12:59:38 am »
Endgame components usually go up to 150 to 160(if you are lucky to find one, and can get high roll).
and crafting difficulty is generally multiplied with 0.8 of the said component quality.

So using base quality of 150,
((150 * 0.8 ) + (150 * 0.8 * 0.3) ) / 1.3 = about 120

(150 * 0.8 ) for default difficulty with Q150
(150 * 0.8 * 0.3) for additional difficulty with Q150
 / 1.3  because you can get itemcrafting workbenches.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Spencer_Ruler

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 01:05:00 am »
So practically speaking, if I want to craft everything what's the effective skill level that I should try to reach?

I was thinking:

Mechanics: 105 (150)
Electronics: 105 (150)
Chemistry: 78 (125)
Biology: 82 (125)
Tailoring: 105 (150)

Am I gonna miss out on anything? Am I wasting points anywhere?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 01:12:44 am by Spencer_Ruler »

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 03:36:16 am »
Well, if we are speaking practically, then you need to see what your character will need. You don't kill enemies with crafting skill after all. If you are using guns and metal armor and don't have points in the melee, stealth, dodge and evasion, then thinking about crafting leather armor and combat gloves is pointless which means that 105 points in tailoring is WAY more than you'll ever need. Think about what your char will use and then plan your points distribution ahead.

There are some investment that will be of use to almost any character.

15-20 points in electronics will allow you to craft Taser, and since quality of components will only affect damage it does, even if you craft it from trash, you will be able to stun your opponents for 1 round.

50 effective skill in biology will allow you to craft Focus Stim, which grants you +15% crit chance for 10 rounds. I don't think there are builds that won't benefit from this.

If our character doesn't use chemical guns, then 112 in chemistry is all he will need to craft most powerful mines and grenades. But if he doesn't have skill points in throwing and/or traps then he doesn't really need this either.

So, it all depends on your build, since there is no point in crafting something if you can't use it. What kind of build would you be playing?

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 05:53:28 am »
It really depends on your build and gear. Take a look at my steam guide, crafting section.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 04:52:33 pm »
15-20 points in electronics will allow you to craft Taser, and since quality of components will only affect damage it does, even if you craft it from trash, you will be able to stun your opponents for 1 round.
Actually, it's possible that the quality of the electroshock generator determines the difficulty of resisting the stun with fortitude. I'm not sure about that though, never tested it extensively, but it's possible. Taser stun is not guranteed, If you use taser a lot you will notice that it does get resisted from time to time.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 05:35:24 pm »
Actually, it's possible that the quality of the electroshock generator determines the difficulty of resisting the stun with fortitude. I'm not sure about that though, never tested it extensively, but it's possible. Taser stun is not guranteed, If you use taser a lot you will notice that it does get resisted from time to time.

Highly unlikely.
Long time ago i did some tests on Tanner. Now i don't remember exact numbers, i've probably did 20 tests for both tazers: high and low quality.
What i remember was that low quality tazer had significantly higher success rate than high quality one. It was something like 15/20 vs 11/20.
Sure, it's not the best test in the world but i guess it's still worth something. My conclusion was that quality does not affect stun chance and low quality tazer simply got lucky in my test.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 02:14:42 am »
Don't you need to inflict at least 1 pt of damage to be able to stun enemy?
At least shock bolts work lke that.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 04:05:11 pm »
Tchort is Evolution, Fenix.

Yes you do. Top galvanic vests have 9 electrical DT so you need to upgrade your tazer for lategame but it will still be a low quality tazer.

Tchort guide You.